“Cheap, fast, hi quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olazzo

Olazzo
Ranked #6 of 339 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Chevy Chase
“Cheap, fast, hi quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great value, nothing to dislike. Popular for obvious reasons. More crowded than most of their neighbors.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Stephen M

Vestal, New York
“outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We dined at Olazzo in Bethesda this past weekend. The food and service were absolutely suberb. I love this restaurant because of the outstanding the food quality and preparation, and the relaxing dining atmosphere. Our service was excellent-- prompt and courteous, yet never rushed. I highly recommend Olazzo!
The mussels and calimari are so delicious, and the salmon mango my personal favorite. The homemade Tiramisu dessert is a must--all in all, a most memorable dining experience indeed!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Christine2633
Wintergreen, Virginia
“A gem of a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is our third visit to Olazzo's and we were so pleased that I felt I had to share our experience. Since it does not accept reservations, we arrived at 5:30 on a Thursday night. It was great as we were one of the first guests for dinner. Very attentive service, a creative selection of martinis, beers and reasonably priced wines. We went right for the main courses and found three of them outstanding: the meatballs (2 rather large ones) were very tasty and homemade, the pasta with clam sauce delicious and the shrimp and crabmeat was a total delight (large shrimp and lots of lump crabmeat); they serve it with Penne but they gladly accommodated my request for Linguinni and they changed the sauce to my liking. For all the dishes, the pasta was cooked perfectly "al dente". We had a wonderful dining experience at a very reasonable price.

• Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Average for Vegetarians, Better for Meat Eaters.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

As a local, I wanted to like Olazzo. I really, really did. It has a lovely look and is tucked away on a quieter street.
Unfortunately, in the two times i have been there, everything has been quite mediocre.

First-- the bread is delicious, absolutely. And the service is quite attentive. However, both of the vegetarian dishes I ordered were not good. The first, a bizarre combination of cheese tortellini and dates, was just...weird. And I love dates and tortellini, just not together I guess.

My second dish, an eggplant and red pepper pasta was BLAND. The sauce was bland, the red pepper tasted like it was taken out of a jar with no seasoning, and it was just...eh.

My boyfriend's dishes, both with chicken and a pasta with a marinara, were better. Again, they were nothing spectacular, but the sauce was obviously fresh, and the chicken was tender and good.

A note on the ambiance: Beware! It is very, very LOUD in this restaurant. There may be people at the bar watching a game, loud music on, or just a whole helluva lot of people. Several times we have gone in wanting to eat but have left because we couldn't hear each other talk. While it looks very romantic from the outside, it is much better for a small group of friends who want a casual night out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
“Special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

A very special place to eat with a superb chef. The food is divine and the pricing is very reasonable. $45 for two. $60 for two with wine. So honestly, you won't be disappointed, it's clean the service is prompt and I'm sure there are nights that it's quiet and romantic.....

But that's why it's not perfect because EVERYBODY knows about it. This place will always be busy because there are so many people and since they don't take reservations, you can be sure that whenever you go it's going to be crowded.

• Visited November 2012