WINNER WONDERLAND

“After Changes Remains Very Good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Persimmon

Persimmon
Reserve with OpenTable
Persimmon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 347 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Leland & Walsh Sts.
Transit: Bethesda Metro on Red Line
Bethesda, Maryland
“After Changes Remains Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went to Persimmon somewhat regularly before they made their menu and interior changes. Don't quite understand why it took so long for the modest changes to be made (unless there were major kitchen changes that we couldn't see). There were still some of our favorites on the menu - especially crab cakes and the menu has been expanded to include sandwiches, burgers and tacos. So more choices from full dinners to lighter fare. The gazpacho was delicious. We had the lamb and the short ribs. Both excellent. The short ribs portion was so large I had enough for two sandwiches at home the next day. In short, Persimmon has changed (no more white tablecloths) but the quality of the food and service has remained very high.

• Visited July 2013

“Birthday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Took my child there for lunch. We were hungry. The rockfish special entree was superb. HOT and right off the grill. Really wonderful.

My steak only mediocre. Green beans and spinach were cooked perfectly. My only concern: there were flies in the dining room which means there are flies in the kitchen. Ick. Will return but seems like this establishment needs a better fly management system. I ordered gazpacho and it was great---not fabulous but pretty darn good. I am sure he used his fingers to wipe my spoon. Double ick. I didn't really care about the cost--however this lunch was a tad expensive. This is my first visit there. Probably will return again

• Visited July 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Good Not Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I must admit, we went there for the lobster rolls which are excellent, but they dropped that from their menu. The food was very good, the service somewhat slow. Sometimes we had to ask for things already requested. All n all, it was a bit over-priced when considering comparable restaurants in the DC/Bethesda area.

Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Better Than Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Back after 6 months of renovation, this resturant is better than ever. A brighter, more open bar and dining area makes it seem so much more alive. The service is always excellent and the new menu offerings make it a place you can visit more often without breaking the bank. The fabulous fish tacos are still top drawer and the trout spring rolls are as tasty as before. The new booths against the wall are comfy and private without making you feel you are hidden away. The bar is still the best place in the house to eat and they have installed a flat screen so you can catch the game while you eat. If you havent been since the renovation you need to go back. If you havent been at all you will be delighted and become a regular.

washington DC
“Reopened Persimmon Resturant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I just went to Presimmon and had a lovely meal.Nice variety of food selection. Service freindly waiter atteative food came out on time. I knew some of the staff before so it was nice to see a friendly face. When I entered the diningroom I was the first diner, but it filled up gradually. When I left there was a line to get in. The resturant has been completely redone and is lovely. The varitey of the menu is great, something for everyone. I thought the menu was creative and reasonably price for the neighorhood. Parking was great behind the resturant with a large lot. Everything I had was good a pulled pork sandwich, good spicy slaw,fries, wonderful goat and beet salad. I saved the best for last homemaked pumkin cheese cake . It's worth the calorie's
I will be back soon. Hope you all enjoy Presimmon and glad it is back.