“Same menu is offered in the Bar!”
Review of Hamburger Hamlet - CLOSED

Hamburger Hamlet
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The same full menu is available at the same price in the sunroom atmosphere of the bar. Menu leads with hamburgers (duh!), but stretches to salmon. Known for their onion soup. A friendly, sports-bar motif (with the accompanying noise level) is available with four big-screen televisions tuned to local or regional sports teams. Nice draft beer and friendly service. Note that the sandwiches are hearty servings - easy to share!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is our first visit since the Hamburger Hamlet partnered with Dupars.

We've been going to the Hamlet for years as it has been one of my mother- in- law's favorites for a long time, especially for Sunday Brunch. This will be our last visit.

Service was very poor/slow. The place wasn't that crowded but we waited in excess of 30 minutes for our food even though we ordered 2 sandwiches and 1 order of scrambled eggs.
Drinks are very expensive, e.g. $10 for a Bloody Mary. I might pay $10 for a Bloody Mary at The Palm, but not at the Hamlet.

I ordered a Ruben and it was awful. No flavor and very tough and fatty. At the conclusion of the meal, the waiter asked how our meal was (first time we saw him since the meals were delivered) and I mentioned that the Ruben was pretty bad/tough.
He than proceeded to tell me that he knew the Rubens were tough. I inquired as to why he didn't tell me that at the time I ordered and all I got was a blank stare. To his credit, he offered me another entre' but the damage had already been done as I pigged out on fries. With that information in
hand, I requested that we be comped for the Ruben. He stated he would have to check with the manager and then disappeared. About 10 minutes later, I asked that the manager pay us a visit. He did so promptly and agreed to comp the Ruben.

We paid the check and bid farewell to the Dupars Hamlet for the last time

1  Thank Kruezr
Reviewed April 4, 2013

From the outside, I was not impressed, thinking it was a typical burger joint. However, the interior was very nice, the service was excellent. I had the lunch special- 1/2 sandwich, soup and salad. It was an ample lunch and the sandwich was excellent. I would recommend this place for lunch.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was surprised that the Hamburger Hamlet has been partnered with Dupars and that it is now a 24 restaurant now serving breakfast. My daughter and I decided to try it out as it is just two blocks from where I work and would be super if I wanted breakfast beforehand. I usually start work around 7:00am. However, today I came into the restaurant at 5:44am and the area looked abandoned and the lowered lights inside made me wonder if it was actually open.

We were greeted by a rather stuffy individual whom I would normally encounter at a dinner service at a swanky restaurant. However, the design of the place was very contradictory with the pastry counter up front and a combination of upscale booths and diner tables. It was also rather ornate reminiscent of a gentleman’s smoking room. Our server was also a rather stuffy suited individual more suited for an upscale dinner restaurant than a diner serving breakfast; once again contradictory. He was minimally pleasant but not very personable. We looked around the room and we were the only customers in the entire rather large restaurant. We were first seated at a booth that on one side was a bit too far away from the seat and the other too close to the seat and they were nonadjustable and it was very uncomfortable to sit there. We were reseated at the new diner tables with the rickety chairs.

We ordered coffee which came out pretty fast and tasted well and we ordered our meals. I ordered only hash browns and sausage and my daughter ordered the French toast with sausage. We drank two cups of coffee and waited for at least 30 minutes for our food. While we were waiting and commenting on how long it was taking for our food to come out, we were hearing arguments coming from the kitchen regarding the sausage. When the food finally came out, I commented to the server in the excessive wait time and he appeared surprised. We also mentioned that with all of the government buildings around and businesses with people like me who need to get our food fast so we can get to work on time. He just shrugged and looked a little bewildered. I asked how long had they been serving breakfast and he said at least three months.

I must say with the long wait times for food coming out of the kitchen and the aloof manner of the wait staff it is no wonder that even with this being the only place in the immediate area serving early breakfast that it is still very empty.

The hash browns were cooked to perfection but with absolutely no seasoning. My daughter’s French toast had an eggshell cooked in it. The food was good but for the prices, wasn’t worth it. I feel if they lower their prices and actually season their food, they would get business

They also should consider hiring wait staff that are experienced in handling a breakfast clientele and know how to present breakfast plates for morning diner experience. We had too many plates at our table that were very unnecessary such as when we asked for extra sweetener for our coffee to put in the sugar tray already on the table, the server presented us with a plate with the requested sweetener instead of just giving it to us. We ended up with a plate for the creamer, a plate for the cup and a plate for sweetener and my personal favorite; a carafe of ketchup for my hash browns.

We probably will not dine in again but the good news is if we want to get carryout instead, it is available but make sure you have seasonings.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Many co-workers venture here for lunch or after work, but I came on a Sunday afternoon with my partner in search of good dining experience.... big mistake. Seated promptly, though we kept wondering just how close the front of the hostess' skirt was to exposing her crotch. Menu is a bit overwhelming, particularly with the addition of the breakfast dishes from DuPar Diner.

Took a good ten minutes to see a server. Nice conversation, though, with a neighboring table that had ordered "chicken wings" that appeared to have been raised by Paul Bunyan. Partner's French onion arrives, where's our flatware and napkins?! Turns out the soup is barely warm underneath the almost hardened layer of cheese. Server takes it back, returns and announces "They made you a new one!" Like the kitchen should do anything else?! Sandwiches arrive. I find the Sonoran flatbread basically has all of the condiments more or less shoved in tiny spots along the edges (not evenly distributed), and one needs to eat it with a knife and fork to keep from having it fall all over one's clothing. Partner asks for more ketchup for a hefty portion of fries. The server returns with a plate of two ramikens topped-off with ketchup which seemed rudely overzealous. I order dessert, my partner orders another beer; and we wait and wait for the beer after the pie arrives. Worse, we have to ask another server to find ours who then acts like a beer wasn't ordered.