“Changes at Hamburger Hamlet, Bethesda, MD”
Review of Hamburger Hamlet - CLOSED

Hamburger Hamlet
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We've been going to the Bethesda Hamburger Hamlet for Sunday Brunch for years. The food is about the same though the prices have gone up and the servings have become considerably smaller. For the All American Breakfast, the menu specifies 3 eggs. Unless these eggs are quail eggs, you're not getting 3 eggs, more likely one. Also, you used to get five slices of bacon or five sausages. Now you get three. Drinks, e.g., Bloody Mary's have also gone up in price. FYI.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

A favorite lunch spot for area workers, HH nonetheless turns out good fare in the evening and for weekend brunches. Hamburgers rarely fail to arrive at the table per one's temperature requests, and all varieties of fries carry a great crunch with a lightness inside. Bountiful salads and meals fill out the menu

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I hadn't eaten at Hamburger Hamlet for a while even though it is the closest restaurant to our house. Now I know why it had been so long. I went w the wife and two kids. My daughter got Mac and cheese. It looked like the Kraft product we buy at the store but was very dry... My hamburger (at Hamburger Hamlet) was bland and overcooked. My sons kids pasta was huge w not enough sauce. I had a draft beer and if any of you have worked as a bartender, you know the smell of a dirty service area w days old beer smell? My glass smelled like that. I just don't know if anyone who runs the place ever gets out to have a good meal at a quality restaurant.....

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Hamburger Hamlet is one of our favorites when are in the area. The food is very good - especially the Lobster Bisque, the service is very good, and the atmosphere is great.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

We were so disappointed with our last visit that I had to revise my review--despite having had years of satisfaction. We had two different burgers, their (and our) standard fare. Both were not only disappointing, they just weren't good--it didn't taste like beef. The waitress appeared friendly at first, but then ignored us--no refills on drinks until we asked, non-apologetic for mistakes on our order. When she refilled my water (after I asked her to), it had a chemical taste. With no remorse, she said she had filled it from a pitcher she found instead of the kitchen (!). She then brought us the wrong credit card and tried to convince us she would just adjust it with the other patron's card. We hope this was an anomaly as it is one of the favorite local places, but we are not anxious to go back.