“A nice French cafe to enjoy a quick meal”

La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #16 of 369 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I always have a quick meal at this cafe when visiting my friend in Bethesda. Right next to the metro and Safeway supermarket, it a convenient place to stop and have a light quick meal! I love their combo meals of a soup and sandwich at lunch time and the nice french wines always available to quench one thirst! The cakes and french tarts are great! A must visit!!!

There are newer reviews for La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The food comes out very fast. Staffs are very friendly. I ordered sandwich soup and salad combo. Chicken sandwich was outstanding. I really enjoyed time. The restaurant has limited number of window seats. The restaurant looks a little bit dark.

1  Thank Chul A
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Fast service tasty food
Especially liked the duet of half chicken salad on croissant plus choice of soup and salad great value

1  Thank SDZ1940
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were hungry after work and decided on La Madeleine. So, I am mainly going to compare this particular location to other La Madeleines. It was either the one in Rockville or this one in Bethesda. Based on a traffic this one was easier to get to, but as far as the restaurant goes it wasn't the bast choice. First of all, it has very limited parking. We literally took the last spot on a narrow strip of spaces. Upon entering we noticed that the available quiches & non-desert pastries were severely limited in numbers. Mushroom soup, our favorite, was still cooking and we would end up waiting for it for another 20 minutes having consumed our 2nd course.
On the other hand, the decor is very nice and "authentically" French and staff are all very nice. I doubt that I will be returning here, as there are better choices just down the street.

1  Thank Seth J
Reviewed June 13, 2013

As usual we enjoy getting pastries here no matter the time of day. In this case we went by at 8:30 pm for some next morning pastries to do. What is nice is that there is still a good selection late in the day. Apple danish and pain au chocolat were wonderful. Combine that with friendly staff, you have a winning combination. A mainstay in downtown Bethesda.

1  Thank DaleRachmeler