“Flavorless fare!”
Review of Mon Ami Gabi

Mon Ami Gabi
Reserve with OpenTable
Mon Ami Gabi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 369 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wisconsin
Transit: Mon Ami Gabi is a 10 minute walk from the Bethesda Metro Station.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Nice decor and friendly staff don't make up for probably the least French tasting food I have had. How you can serve a cross between potato chips and potato sticks and call it "frites?" Good Grief! And I was served ketchup with these dry, unwieldy chips that can't be eaten with a fork. I asked for a medium rare steak and I got a medium. The bernaise sauce for my steak was cold, flavorless, and had the texture of a pudding. My endive salad had rust edges and the dressing was unevenly distributed so I got a mouthful of tartness under a piece of endive.It was a lovely presentation to get a small wrapped French loaf at your table but I was stunned that the crust was bland. It was the fist time I had bread without flavor. What a formulaic and lazy kitchen! My bill with tip came to almost $60 for a glass of wine, steak & chips, & a salad. Mon Dieu!

2  Thank QualityRules2014
There are newer reviews for Mon Ami Gabi

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Although always busy, best to have a reservation, we make Mon Ami Gabi our anniversary destination every year. Great French steak dishes, yummy appetizers and desserts are to be served. A limitless loud because they are always full, but worth it. It is our special meal in the Bethesda area.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Mon Ami Gabi is a great local restaurant. The food is consistently good. Don't miss the French onion soup! It is fabulous!
Service is great. They make you feel welcome.
I recommend it highly.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you love traditional French food and moules avec frites then you will love Gabi. Very busy place, nice atmosphere and very lively. Not a quiet atmosphere.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This neighborhood staple provides a consistently pleasant dining experience. The décor (including the black and white tile floor) makes you think you're back in Paris, and there are outdoor tables away from busy Woodmont Avenue for nice weather. I may not be the best reviewer, though, because I always have the same thing: gibson on the rocks, onion soup and steak frites (with 4 or 5 sauces to choose from). Why not stick with a winner?

BTW, Trip Advisor makes you choose only one visit, when in fact we eat here fairly often, usually before or after the nearby movies at Bethesda Row.

1  Thank Mac6737