“Convenient to Bethesda Row Theatres, Gabi Will be Votre Ami, Too”
Review of Mon Ami Gabi

Mon Ami Gabi
Reserve with OpenTable
Mon Ami Gabi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 369 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wisconsin
Transit: Mon Ami Gabi is a 10 minute walk from the Bethesda Metro Station.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Across the street from the Bethesda Barnes & Noble....right near the Bethesda Row theatres, Mon Ami Gabi is the perfect place for an after-movie or late weekend brunch. The food is delightful; we shared a baked goat cheese appetizer (exciting & comfort food all at once) and the pan-seared Rock Fish special: simple, elegant, perfectly sized and very tasty. The back room is a bit less noisy & crowded than the front, at least early on in the evening, so head there if you can.

There are newer reviews for Mon Ami Gabi

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I love the ambience of Mon Ami Gabi. I feel like I'm in Paris. I had the seafood crepe and the bananas foster crepe. The seafood crepe was wonderful and so was the dessert crepe. Our waiter was attentive and good-humoured. All in all, a great dining experience!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My doctor recently put me on a gluten free diet and I thought eating out would never be the same, but then I found Mon Ami Gabi. They have a large GF menu that offers so many different choices- it was hard to choose! They served GF bread pior to the meal which is so unusual in restaurants and was very appreciated. The onion soup was amazing, though way too big! After eating the soup, I was only able to eat a few bites of my entree. Their GF deserts were also amazing. Ive already gone back once and plan to go again. For a Fri or Sat night, reservations are recommended.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Happy hour is a good deal but very crowded, only 3 tables and 6 bar stools. Onion soup was horrible! They had cooked onions with sugar instead of salt.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived at 8 pm without reservations, on a whim after a movie just around the corner. It was packed for a Sunday night! The maitre d' took our phone number and called as we browsed at Barnes & Noble across the street which we chose over waiting at the bar. The decor and ambiance brought back fond memories of Paris, and the food did not disappoint. I had a flank steak in merlot sauce with a huge pile of frites - I will enjoy the half I could not eat for lunch tomorrow! We started with smoked salmon, nicely arrayed with chive, onion, sour cream, capers and toast points (more than enough for two, with the baguette, butter and carrot salad presented to all). Steaks ranged from $19 on up; some other entrees were even lower. Our half bottle of Medoc was a bit pricey @ $34, but they also offer nice wines by the glass, served from a roving trolley. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Overall, a lovely dinner - we will go again!