“Gluten Free Heaven”
Review of Mon Ami Gabi

Mon Ami Gabi
Reserve with OpenTable
Mon Ami Gabi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 373 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wisconsin
Transit: Mon Ami Gabi is a 10 minute walk from the Bethesda Metro Station.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My doctor recently put me on a gluten free diet and I thought eating out would never be the same, but then I found Mon Ami Gabi. They have a large GF menu that offers so many different choices- it was hard to choose! They served GF bread pior to the meal which is so unusual in restaurants and was very appreciated. The onion soup was amazing, though way too big! After eating the soup, I was only able to eat a few bites of my entree. Their GF deserts were also amazing. Ive already gone back once and plan to go again. For a Fri or Sat night, reservations are recommended.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Happy hour is a good deal but very crowded, only 3 tables and 6 bar stools. Onion soup was horrible! They had cooked onions with sugar instead of salt.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived at 8 pm without reservations, on a whim after a movie just around the corner. It was packed for a Sunday night! The maitre d' took our phone number and called as we browsed at Barnes & Noble across the street which we chose over waiting at the bar. The decor and ambiance brought back fond memories of Paris, and the food did not disappoint. I had a flank steak in merlot sauce with a huge pile of frites - I will enjoy the half I could not eat for lunch tomorrow! We started with smoked salmon, nicely arrayed with chive, onion, sour cream, capers and toast points (more than enough for two, with the baguette, butter and carrot salad presented to all). Steaks ranged from $19 on up; some other entrees were even lower. Our half bottle of Medoc was a bit pricey @ $34, but they also offer nice wines by the glass, served from a roving trolley. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Overall, a lovely dinner - we will go again!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My 2nd visit, 1st for a buisness lunch. Reservation okay - booth seating just fine - but I ordered the fish and chips and my partner something else. Her food came 1st - no fish for me. Then they delivered a mac and cheese to me! Her food cold. Mine wrong! Then mine came and flat - no taste! This place under seasons food and while it looks good from the outside, it has serious problems inside. No easy (none) parking daytime. With so many other fine places in this town they need to get it right - and now twice for me - just under par. The staff IS friendly but maybe they all need to be more focused ON THE FOOD AND CORRECT SERVICE!
I won't be back.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were 5 ladies going to a late afternoon movie and wanted to have lunch before the movie. This restaurant is next store to the theater and therefore very convenient. We all ordered from the Prix Fixe menu and were delighted with our choices. The soups were delectable, the steaks with bearnaise sauce were thin but perfectly cooked, and did not feel heavy in our stomachs. It was just the right size. One lady had the crepe filled with ham and cheeses, most delicious, although a bit on the large size for her. Our desserts were delicious and not too overwhelming. We all agreed that it was a very nice lunch, not too heavy to have before the movie.