“Blacks”

Black's Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Black's Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 371 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Norfolk
Transit: Three blocks from the BETHESDA METRO.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have always liked this restaurant. The food is consistently top of the mark. The variety, plentiful fish choices,and often unique executions make the evening fun. The wines are well selected and the suggestions have always been fine.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very surprised the ratings are so low on Trip Advisor. This is one of the best restaurants in Bethesda - love it both for business lunches and for romantic dinners or date night in the bar. Very sophisticated, classy interior and a terrific outside modern dining patio. Food is fantastic.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our second visit and this time our waitress was terrific. Both my college age daughters enjoyed the dinner as much as my wife and I did. Great selection of wines by the glass. As for the food, the ingredients are fresh, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. I had the seafood stew and it was terrific. We all had a great experience.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

For those of you who are oyster lovers (I am not) this restaurant has a great selection. However, the other fish dishes are delightful. We returned twice in the same week. The service was great (despite what some of the other reviews say) and the food was impeccable on both visits. The atmospere is kind of trendy and quite noisy, but pleasant. All in all, a place that I definitely would recommend and am sure to return to on my next visit to the area.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Black's Bar is part of a "chain" of consistently fine restaurants. This one is a particular favorite of ours with very good food, a good (though a tad pricey) wine list, and good service. While most everything we've tried on the menu is good, Black's seems to do particularly well with fish, and this visit was no exception. I had a lovely whole fish entree, and an imaginative rockfish appetizer (which also could be had an an entree). Everyone else I was with enjoyed their dishes as well. The restaurant is a bit "lively" and while noise levels never interfered with conversation at our round table for six, it got a bit high at times. Service was variable. Our waitress tended to be slow and not as attentive as we would have liked (we had to call her over a few times to get attention) but when she was at the table she was fine. Overall, a fine restaurant to which we continue to return.