New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Hidden Treasure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Black's Bar & Kitchen

Black's Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Black's Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 342 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Norfolk
Transit: Three blocks from the BETHESDA METRO.
Bethesda, Maryland
“Hidden Treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Good food. Creative menu,tasty specialties. Worth the visit, Service generally good. Ask for the evening specials and try out the patio in good weather.

Visited April 2012

Geneva, Switzerland
“Good food, nice atmosphere, not cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Ate here when the Woodmont across the street had too long a wait. Staff were competent but not particularly friendly. Food was very good; prices were on the high side. Overall we had a good experience.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfortunately, going down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been to Black Salt and to Black's many times over the past few years and have always enjoyed their foods. Last week though, four of us went out (for my birthday) and we ALL got sick. Some of us had seasfood and some of us did not, but all got sick, 2 of us very sick. the seafod tasted fine, so there was no worries when we ate the food. I called the manager to explain what happened, calmly, matter of factly, just to inform him. He did not even apologize, simply said that the oysters are closely monitored, and that he has not had another complaint. I explained to him that 3 (at the time -- another since) got sick 24-48hours later, and that some did not eat any seafood, therefore it must be some other hygiene issue. He said he would talk to the chef and call me back. He never did. I am never setting foot in that restaurant. Some waitress, buss boy, or someone in the kitchen IS NOT WASHING THEIR HANDS!!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Dagpj J
Virginia USA
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I found out we were going to Black’s for a birthday party, I looked at some of the reviews and was not sure what to expect. However, having been there I can now say I fully agree with all of those you say that it is very nice. The restaurant is well-designed, the noise level good, and the menu quite extensive. The wait staff was superb and attentive, and while I was leaning towards the fish stew, I went with one of the specials that night – a lamb shank that you could cut with a fork. I do not live in Bethesda, but I am always impressed by the variety and quality of restaurants to be found there. I do not know when, but I will definitely go back to Black’s to try the fish stew (and the oyster bar!).

• Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice spot for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a good upscale choice in Bethesda for a business dinner or night out. Interesting cocktail menu, good locally sourced menu with some creative choices. It is on the more expensive side but good value for the quality of food and presentation. I had a local Maryland fish and it was very fresh. We also had the roasted brussel sprouts-- very good!

Visited November 2012