“Very Nice”

Black's Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Black's Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 382 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Norfolk
Transit: Three blocks from the BETHESDA METRO.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I found out we were going to Black’s for a birthday party, I looked at some of the reviews and was not sure what to expect. However, having been there I can now say I fully agree with all of those you say that it is very nice. The restaurant is well-designed, the noise level good, and the menu quite extensive. The wait staff was superb and attentive, and while I was leaning towards the fish stew, I went with one of the specials that night – a lamb shank that you could cut with a fork. I do not live in Bethesda, but I am always impressed by the variety and quality of restaurants to be found there. I do not know when, but I will definitely go back to Black’s to try the fish stew (and the oyster bar!).

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a good upscale choice in Bethesda for a business dinner or night out. Interesting cocktail menu, good locally sourced menu with some creative choices. It is on the more expensive side but good value for the quality of food and presentation. I had a local Maryland fish and it was very fresh. We also had the roasted brussel sprouts-- very good!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This ended up being a "birthday away from home" dinner, and I was wonderfully surprised to find this right behind my hotel.
We sat in the bar, which gave us immediate seating instead of doing the 1.5 hour wait for dining room. Service was outstanding, the food was even better. I had Paiche that was on special, my girlfriend had trout. We were both delighted by the complex flavors. Each meal was well-prepared, the appetizer of prosciutto bruschetta was amazing, and dessert was also quite tasty. Very much worth a visit!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

They have a great happy hour during the week with great value wine and select appetizers. Been there later in the evening too and the oyster selection was good and service helpful and professional. Definitely will return with more friends.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently ate at Black's for the first time since the remodel (I know that's been a long while, but it isn't one of my go to restaurants). I found the restaurant to be cramped and cold (not temperature-wise, just stark and uninviting). Food was OK, but overpriced and not really anything special. This is not a restaurant I will return to again.