“Solid IPA and the food was good too....”

Rock Bottom Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock Bottom Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 360 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rock Bottom Bethesda is five miles north of DC, just off Wisconsin Avenue at the corner of Norfolk Ave and St. Elmo Ave. Yes, it's a lot of Avenues, but we're totally worth it. Just wait until you take your first sip of an award-winning, handcrafted ale from Brewmaster Geoffrey S. Lively. Not only does the beer speak for itself, but he started at Mile High Brewing...that's right, the Laverne & Shirley brewery. Possibly the best credential ever.And hey, don't forget to check out our recently refreshed menu of made-from-scratch entrees, appetizers, dinner salads, burgers and sandwiches.
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Solid IPA and the food was good too....”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our group ended up at this establishment when our other choice was packed with a 50 minute wait. Rock Bottom Breweries are chain restaurants but they do serve straightforward bar food with little frou-frou adornment. There were 5 craft brews available. I’m a big fan of IPA’s so that’s what I indulged in. Great aroma, plenty of hop, and full-bodied…the second one was even better. We had a party of 8 and they do have big booths capable of holding the entire crowd. The menu has all the usual favorites, from burgers to salads to chicken in several presentations. The food was well prepared and my burger was great. The size of the establishment almost guarantees that you’ll be able to get a seat (we saw a bus disgorge a load of senior citizens just prior to our arrival). If everything else is full, you’ll do just fine here.

Visited May 2013

Naples, Florida
“Try the beer sampler”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Dropped in for a quick beverage. I sat at the bar and enjoyed the beer sampler.

Bartender was friendly and helpful. I'll be back.

Visited May 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Happy hour all day Sunday!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great beer and very good bar food. TVs everywhere in the bar Perfect for the NCAA tournament. My only comment would be to keep children out of the bar area.

Visited March 2013
UK
“Good pub atmosphere and food pretty good as well.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went to pub with family and was treated to excellent service. The turn around was pretty quick. The food was cooked well and good value for money. The different beers available also make this somewhat unique in the neighbourhood.

• Visited March 2013
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Rockin bar”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant twice; each time on a Sunday night. Food is very good quality. My only and biggest complaint is the noise level. I can understand the volume being somewhat loud on Friday and Saturday but Sunday I would expect a little softer. The kitchen was able to honor my special request for dinner. I really like this place but don't expect to carry on a conversation with dinner companions and for this reason I probably won't come back.

• Visited February 2013