“Great Beer, Service and Burgers”

Rock Bottom Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock Bottom Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 381 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rock Bottom Bethesda is five miles north of DC, just off Wisconsin Avenue at the corner of Norfolk Ave and St. Elmo Ave. Yes, it's a lot of Avenues, but we're totally worth it. Just wait until you take your first sip of an award-winning, handcrafted ale from Brewmaster Geoffrey S. Lively. Not only does the beer speak for itself, but he started at Mile High Brewing...that's right, the Laverne & Shirley brewery. Possibly the best credential ever.And hey, don't forget to check out our recently refreshed menu of made-from-scratch entrees, appetizers, dinner salads, burgers and sandwiches.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My friends and I like to come here when we are all in Maryland at the same time. The beer is really great and their burgers are delicious. Since they revamped their menu and took the lobster mac and cheese off, I have been getting their burgers and I have to say, I don't miss the mac and cheese any longer! We've had great servers each time, except for once. She was the exception. All other servers were attentive and personable. It's a nice laid back place if you are looking to just have fun with some friends, eat tasty burgers and drink good beer.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I visited Rock Bottom for the beer. They have at least 5 varieties of beer that they brew in house. I didn't have any food so I can't comment on that. The service was outstanding and the beer was delicious and very reasonably priced compared with the rest of the bars nearby.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This a great place to relax after work, holidays or whatever the occasion. The food is very delicouis, will wait a bit, but it's worth it. I do recommend the burgers, bourbonzolla, the A.M. Burger and hickory BBQ burger. The beers are the center piece of this place, I recommend the red ale to start off, the dark ale and kolshe. On Sunday's around noon they do have happy hour specials the beers are half off, they have selected meals and wines. It's very clean and waiters as well as the bartenders are ententive to the customer. The only down side it can be very crowded and loud around happy hour as well as the weekend.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

When we travel, we frequently head to the Rock Bottom. Great beers and the food is generally good. Very much fits the picture of the microbrewery, but does a very good job with it. We go to bar trivia on Wednesday nights. Big fun!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Our first stop on a Bethesda bar/grill tour, having been here I a few years ago, and several Rock Bottoms in total.
Pleasant and attentive help behind the bar … even had cordial interaction with the manager on duty. Not real busy, but friendly dialogue with other customers (locals). We had several of the beers, of which the worst one was “good.”
Extremely disappointed that the signature item “Titan’s Toothpicks” were no longer on the menu, we had the “Sampler” and enjoyed it very, very much! (Looking to make a tour of Bethesda, we were not looking for the “big meal deal.”)
This is a place that just feels “right.” Wish it were closer to where we live, but have not been disappointed in three states!
(Should you venture to Bethesda, certainly stop here. Enter Black Finn expecting nothing and hoping for “good,” and if you are using the Metro, get some good times across the street at The Box!)