WINNER WONDERLAND

Raku-An Asian Dining & Sushi
Ranked #3 of 347 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Btw Bethesda Ave & Elm St.
Transit: 2 Blocks South of Bethesda Metro Station (Red Line)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fresh food, great service, always reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Definitely the best sushi and Japanese in the area. Fish is fresh. Some of the more unique items -- Tuna Tataki pizza, for example -- are quite tasty. Nice outdoor seating in the right weather. Good price. Drinks are so-so. The wait staff are always so friendly. Child-friendly place, as are all the places in this 'hood. Perfect place for before the movies up the block. Make a reservation if betwen 6-9.

Rockville, Maryland
“I never thought I would love Japanese restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

In 1999, when I started working in Bethesda we had a great group and went to restaurants for lunch almost everyday. There was no shortage of restaurants in Bethesda. My vegetarian friend suggested this place and I frowned and said to eat Sushi? I was dragged there and since then have been a regular visitor for now 13 years. I love their Veg Bento box but our family favorite is the red curry Udon Noodle soup.. Yummmm.. This is the place I go for Birthday every year.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, CA
“Always a pleasurable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been going to Raku for over 10 years and it is definitely a favorite stop while in Bethesda. I'm from San Francisco and am somewhat of a food snob, but this really cuts the muster. They have wonderful sashimi, sushi and rolls to suit all palates. I'm always thanked when I bring new business colleagues here and expose them to the Raku experience.

Visited November 2012
San Francisco
“Bento Box!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I love their bento boxes! I always order the unagi or sashimi bento box and it comes with an assortment of goodies! There's some small crab puffs (or similar) along with portabella mushrooms and green beans. You also get four California rolls and a little salad. If you order the unagi bento box, I believe there's also some mashed potatoes underneath the unagi as well. All bento boxes come with miso soup served beforehand.

Visited November 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best Sushi I've had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I happened upon this place while looking for options and I was VERY pleased. The prices are decent and the sushi is top-notch. The atmosphere is very modern and whimsical. Try the Chilean Sea Bass Tempura Roll, it's great!
The staff is friendly and attentive, you'll be glad you went!

Visited October 2012