“Bad Experience”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 366 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My first visit to Ruth Chris in Bethesda and we were seated at a small table against the wall. We ordered the 3-course prix fixe dinner. The service was adequate but less than very good. The filet was of poor quality as if it had been frozen for a long period of time. The manager did not look happy about having to replace the order. Perhaps they use the prix fixe menu to pass off the poorer quality steaks. I ended up forgetting my iPhone on the table upon leaving. Conveniently none of the staff were able to find it when I called later; even when I returned the next day to inquire, our waiter brushed me off and quickly headed to the back.

• Visited April 2013

Germantown, Maryland
“Holiday Party Only Okay”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was our second year at Ruth Chris for our Company Holiday party. The food was okay for the price paid for the meal. What was sad for me was a steak house that I had to send back my steak since it wasn't cooked to specification. I asked for medium well and it came back almost rare. Then when the waiter started to bring back my steak, it was another customer's so he whisked it away just as he was about to set it on the table in front of me. I was hungrily watching others eat as I waited for my steak.

The side dishes were good but bread, soda drinks and all were not served promptly. It was an okay meal considering all this.

• Visited December 2013
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“over priced,underwhelmed”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

went to this location for xmas dinner,hostess dumped us in back room of restaurant with 2 large parties of 14 people,we had 3 in our party,felt totaly isolated,no atmosphere,no sense of being in a fine restaurant.Had the worst $18 Margarita money could buy,they ruined my daughters steak by over cooking,mushroom side was unedible.We felt rushed and main course came just as we were finishing our salads.We were very excited to spend an enjoyable xmas dinner with our daughter and instead wasted almost $400 on an average dining experience.Del Frisco,Flemings,The Palm put this restaurant or at least this location to shame,also extremely overpriced for the dining experience!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
“My Birthday present from my daughter.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My 21 years old daughter took the whole family out for my 48th birthday at Ruth's Chris. Our bill is 350 bucks for 4 adult, and twins 7 years old. My wife left 80 bucks for tips.
Service was decent, nothing big. Food was very low. I don't know how you get away serving 45-50 dollars steaks like that. I got a 51 dollars T-bone, my wife and kids got the 45 dollars NY-stript. Our steaks was so greasy, drowsed in butter. This is the first time I did not finish my steak, and left the restaurant feeling sick because of how much grease I've ate. We order 2 appetizer. Calamari, and crab meat stuffed mushroom. The calamari was very greasy, with just breading not cover the calamari, and the crab meat had a lot of filler can't even taste the crab. Needless to say. This place is so overrated. If you like greasy foods. This is the place to go. Otherwise. Out-back is just as good for a lot less.

• Visited August 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great steak and wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our steaks were delicious, and cooked perfectly. The wine choice is also excellent. Expensive but worth it!

• Visited April 2013