“Always consistent food and atmosphere”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 366 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
USA
“Always consistent food and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I enjoy Ruth's Chris. I have eaten at Ruth's Chris in DC area and other states. The food/beverages, service and atmosphere are very consistent and very good. I met a friend to celebrate our birthdays but she was really late. The staff was patient and respectful. After our wine and dinner, the staff was polite and we tipped well for their service.

• Visited November 2012

Cleveland, Ohio
“great food-but expensive”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

always wanted to try-but very pricey-special occasion place only. great food and service, no complaints at this prices

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Strange experience, but not the restaurant fault”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Had another good meal here last week. The portions were huge. The wine was good. The sides were unreal. The steak was done perfect. The real problem was that the building (not restaurant) fire alarm went off 10 minutes into our meal and didn't ever turn off (yes, for the next 90 minutes). Hard to believe. I was disappointed that the restaurant didn't accommodate us. Otherwise, a great meal, although quite expensive.

• Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great location.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I ordered surf and turf, and the lobster was better than the steak. I wasn't expecting that. Great bar drinks.

Service was above average.

Visited April 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Predictably RC”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ruth's Chris is predictably very good in all regards (THX CTB/MAB!!), unless you get a rogue wait staff or mad cow, I guess. The steak seems to be more "butter soaked" than I even remember from my last visit but that is so much part of their brand that if you don't want (a lot) of Sizzle, best to go somewhere else. The wine by the glass was a bit skimpy and some of the red selection seemed to have a very high tannin content, possibly evidenced by the "stuff" in the bottom of my glass.

The service and atmosphere was friendly and efficient.

I'd gladly go again but ask for less "Sizzle"...Sigh, I miss the Steakhouse Row in Chicago

• Visited February 2013