“Pricey but a very nice experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jaleo

Jaleo
Reserve with OpenTable
Jaleo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 340 Restaurants in Bethesda
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elm Street
Transit: We are walking distance from the Bethesda Metro Station on the Red Line.
POTOMAC
“Pricey but a very nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The place is very pretty, with anice atmosphere and friendly service. The menu has tons of interesting choices -- there was a delicious sausage with white bens, and a grilled shrimp with garlic dish that we all liked. The sangria wasn't as interesting as I had hoped, but the prosecco was great. A really nice place for a special lunch or dinner!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Have a red sangria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

And then get the goat cheese stuffed peppers. Amazing. Finish with the cheese selection and a nice strong coffee.

• Visited July 2013
Massachusetts
“Friendly atmosphere and good tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Bethesda has many excellent restaurants, and few average ones. I want to Jaleo with few colleagues (12) on a Thursday. No reservations. The place was pretty busy at 7PM, but they prepared a long table promptly. We started with sangria. The red is OK, I had many before, and this one was not outstanding. However, the prosecco sangria was very very good. We then asked for an option of samplers. There were two levels of # of courses, we went for the smaller. The chef would pick a set of dishes to try. Needless to say that all of them were very good. Few were my choice in the excellent group: a spinach, apple, pinenuts sautee dish, the ensalada rusa (childhood memories), jamon iberico, and tortilla con chorizo colorado. The "small sample" was more than enough. We were full before the last two courses arrived, but tried them because they tasted great. Lastly, the dessert was either chocolate mouse or flan. The moose was excellent. The flan outstanding. light, not eggy, and with a smooth consistency. I look forward coming back to Jaleo during my next trip to Bethesda.

Visited July 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Delicious tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a very good restaurant - quite different to the Tapas restaurants in Europe, but good nonetheless. The food was delicious, the staff were helpful and the price was reasonable for the quality of the food. The sangria was lovely. Will definitely return next time I'm in the area.

1 Thank Alison T
Reston, Virginia
“tasty tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Pluses: great location, loads of seating, takes reservations, food is great!
Minuses: The person who picked up plates was a total vulture and I felt like she was hovering over us. I realize plates need to be cleared, especially while eating tapas, but I don't want to be asked 2 or three times if I'm done with something.

Last night, my friends and I ate outside. I highly recommend eating outside if the weather is nice and you like people watching. Service (other than the plate vulture lady) was just as good as when I've eaten there inside. I've never had a bad dish there. Highlights were the fennel/apple/manchego/walnut salad and the asparagus with romanesco sauce. Other notably tasty things at the table were rabbit confit and beet salad.