“Tapas”
Review of Jaleo

Jaleo
Reserve with OpenTable
Jaleo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 369 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elm Street
Transit: We are walking distance from the Bethesda Metro Station on the Red Line.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Four of us shared about 10 small plates...everything from rice and mushrooms to flank steak to cauliflower to dates and bacon...and it was all really tasty. Each dish was unique and satisfying. Including 3 wines and 2 beers, the bill was about $110...Waitstaff was excellent, ambiance was busy and fun.

There are newer reviews for Jaleo

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Ate here with a large group of friends. We each ordered one of the many tapas, and a paella for the table. Tapas came very quickly. It took much longer to choose what we wanted than for it to be prepared & served.

We enjoyed the wine - server suggested some wines, but we know & like Spanish wine and choose our own. Nice list of wines.

All was good, and service good. We had delicious dessert - a flan.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is restaurant week in Bethesda (MD) so I took advantage of the $15 lunch menu offered by 13 different establishments to visit Jaleo, the Spanish restaurant, for the first time. And I chose wisely -- gaspacho, a healthy fresh spinach dish with apples and nuts and the "piece de resistance" (how do you say that in Spanish?), garlic-sauteed shrimp (gambas al ajillo). I accompanied it with a tasty sangria. By the time I walked out, I had paid $25 (with tax and tip) but it was certainly good value for the dollar. Great taste, just the right proportions and a new dining experience. Oh, did I mention that I walked from home and back via Bethesda's bike trail? Quality living close to Washington DC.

1  Thank Philip B
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We do not recommend this restaurant to anyone. There were 11 of us and we order at least 25 different tapas and only 3 tasted good (average nothing exceptional) out of the 25. We have never had bad tapas until Jaleo. Shrimp overcooked, Beef have a weird taste, the pee wee potato doesn't even taste like potato, it was dry and tough. The Pasta Paella is a joke, it make Rice a Roni look good. I don't mind paying good price for good food. But this was paying a pricey price for food that tasted like dog food. I would never go back even if the meals are free.

1  Thank Cindy W
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love this restaurant. It's best to go with several people so you can sample more things. When they have some of their seasonal Spanish hams, you must, must order a dish!

1  Thank Gail Y