“Great place”

Vace Italian Delicatessen
Ranked #81 of 371 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Great sandwiches....Love their italian sandwiches. Pricey but worth it.

2  Thank Chris K

Reviewed May 4, 2012

STOP! Go no where else - VACE has GREAT pizza -- and take out foods to cook at home. Small family place - I knew their grandfather 34 yearsd ago on Wisc. Ave store. A small hole in the wall deli that IS SO Italian!!!!
If you don't like this pizza you don't know GOOD pizza!

4  Thank TheCmdr
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I have been going to Vace (the original in DC) since I was a child. The Bethesda outpost has the same fare. Inexpensive traditional pizza by the slice as well as good Italian deli sandwiches. The counter is efficient making it a nice place to grab something when in a rush (although parking in the front can be a bit of a trick). Pepperoni pizza, white pizza with spinach, spinach pie, and subs are all good. There is also a nice selection of pastas, olive oils and other Italian imports.

4  Thank Hivedoc
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Vace's pizza is awesome, and it's amazing how inexpensive it is. I love their sauce, too - tomato and oregano and none of that sweet BS. You can walk in an order it by the slice or as made-to-order pizza to pick-up.
I have also had subs from here - the bread is a bit hard, but the quality of the meats and cheeses on the subs is very high.
Additionally, they carry THE BEST olive oil I have found in the US, from Imperia-Oneglia, which is my ancestral town (ok, so I'm partial. But really, you can't go wrong with Ligurian EVOO). Olio Calvi all the way! It's reasonably priced, too, for what you're getting. They sell Lavazza Qualita d'Oro at practically what you could buy it for in Italy, which keeps me caffeinated and happy all the live long day! And in case my Bialetti ever fails (which it won't, bless those little contraptions), they sell them in a variety of sizes!!

Go give it a try - but make sure to come at least 30 minutes before they close. They are really serious about closing time.

1  Thank TheSajt
Reviewed September 19, 2009

The only thing I ever buy at Vace is the frozen lasagna. And I have bought it for over twenty years. It is fabulous, reasonably priced. When my daughter-in-law had my grandchild, she requested that I bring Vace frozen lasagna. So I bought a cooler, packed it will six medium lasagnas and flew it to California! It's that good. The other stuff always looks great also - this is not a restaurant, you should know, but a take-out deli. Authentic, a great find.

1  Thank DCvagabond1