“Comfort Lunch in Bethesda”
Review of Woodmont Grill

Woodmont Grill
Ranked #1 of 360 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maryland
“Comfort Lunch in Bethesda”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I've had some ups and downs at Woodmont Grill, but my last visit was a good one. The problems in the past? Not very friendly behavior from the hostess, and being overlooked while trying to eat lunch sitting at the bar - people seated later served earlier, requests had to be made 3 times to get water, a correction of something incorrectly served to us. So, I avoided Woodmont Grill for awhile. However, a day came that really made my girlfriend and I want to go to Woodmont Grill for lunch - and it was a good experience.

There's only one thing I ever order at Woodmont Grill - the cheeseburger with the tabouli salad, which is awesome. It's a very satisfying lunch and although I like other items on the menu I can't get past the cheeseburger.

I suggest reservations although I never do, but this restaurant does fill up and there seems to be a very regular and very loyal crowd. There is a parking lot here which is a real plus on a rainy day. All of the food looks good although I can only vouch for the cheeseburger and the tabouli salad!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank HistoryLover2017

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Consistently Good Food”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It's strange to say that one of this great things about this restaurant (we call it by it's old name: Houston's) is that the menu hardly changes from year to year. But the food is very good. My wife and I usually eat dinner at the bar and enjoy everything from sandwiches and burgers, to salads, ribs and fish. This place will never lose its appeal to us. It's the kind of place that makes you feel comfortable without any pretensions.

Visited April 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Look forward to going back!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

First time to Woodmont Grill and I can't wait to go back. My friend & I sat at the bar for dinner as the restaurant was full. We were greeted by our server almost immediately. She asked our names and remember them during a busy evening. What a great appetizer...I want their Spinach & Artichoke Dip recipe! I had the VERY tasty Hickory Burger and my friend had the House-Made Veggie Burger. Both were very large portions and filling.
I can't say enough great things about Woodmont Grill. Great staff, service and a very pleasant atmosphere. Perfect for a casual meal or great date night. In a great location too!

Visited March 2014
Shamokin
“Insipid”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was in town on business and wantred crab cakes. The hotel recommended Woodmont Grill. Of course I ordered the crab cakes. They came with french fries and cole slaw. The crab cakes were a bit undersized, delightfully crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, but they were very over-priced and insipid. The french fries were overdone and thinner than shoestring fries.
The staff was excellen! Service was great. When asked how I liked the crab cakes my response was "They are OK." The server asked if she could bring something else that I might like better. I refused but was impressed that she offered. After the meal she asked how they could make them better.
All-in-all for the price I expected better. I wouldn't return.

• Visited March 2014
“My favorite lunch place in Bethesda”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I would consider myself a regular as I go here once a month. The food is consistently good. The service is great. It is a little pricey but I go here anyway. I wish they wouldn't mess with the menu. The grilled chicken salad was perfect and then they changed it. I think there were so many complaints they changed it back, at least most of the way. All of there salads are good. The side dishes are great. They have great fries, great braised cabbage, fabulous grilled artichokes. I could go on. I don't go here for dinner very often, but every time I have it's been really good.

• Visited February 2014