“Real Fruit in the Cupcake”
Review of Georgetown Cupcake

Georgetown Cupcake
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Bethesda
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I've enjoyed lots of upscale cupcake shops and must say this ranks in the top two!

1- super moist cake with real fruit in the mix
2-perfect texture and flavor to the frosting
3- the banana split cupcake is out of this work!

I found the price to be reasonable compared to other like establishments.

Location is divine! Lots of cute boutiques, eateries and shopping as well!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have had lots of upscale cupcakes and this one was one of my favorites. Usually I like the icing the best but this cupcake was so moist I wanted more cupcake and less icing. They were a little small to me for the price but everything about them were awesome. My fave was lava fudge.

The only downside was that it was about 8pm and they were sold out of all the different flavors. They have the display case full of all the possible flavors but then you get up there to order to find out they only have a couple flavors actually available. Sad!!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is our second time trying Georgetown Cupcakes. I tried the original location a few weeks ago and then tried the Bethesda location today. I was interested to see if it was consistent across locations. I have to say, the cupcakes were all still delicious. I'm really surprised folks think some are dry. My favorite, Peanut Butter Fudge, is super moist with almost a molten center and creamy peanut butter frosting.

We actually went twice today. They gave me one of the wrong cupcakes in my morning visit and when we stopped back in the evening to get a few more, I mentioned the error and they gave me the right flavor for free. Also, if you're thirsty, their iced coffee is good.

You can skip any lines and order online the day before also. There wasn't a line on Friday. I think Saturday/Sunday is probably the peak times. We plan on getting these instead of Birthday Cake for our daughter's birthday this year. And yes, they are pricey, but you get a discount on 6 or 12 and I think the quality supports the price.

Highly Recommended.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This place is amazingly good. I was surprised to find a long queue of customers waiting to buy dozens of cupcakes! There are quite a variety of cupcakes available and the only downside is that you cannot have them all! The cupcakes are expensive, but cheaper if you buy a dozen. The service is fast and the packing in a pink box is always a hit with girls. The cupcakes are of average size and delicious. There are many restaurants around, so I recommend to skip dessert and walk over to this place for a cupcake!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Go to this awesome cupcake shop. The cakes are so moist and its in a nice shopping area. My favorite flavor is salted caramel!