“Sugar High!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Bethesda
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Sugar High!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We fell into the tourist trap and stopped in for a treat! It was delicious, I am a sucker for anything red velvet and the cupcake did not disappoint. They also serve a variety of teas and coffees so it makes a nice after dinner delight if you're in the mood for something sweet after eating at one of the phenomenal restaurants in the area.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
United States
“Trendy & Pretentious”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

OK- the cupcakes are usually good (actually I have had really good ones and really dry, stale ones here) but they are just banking on the whole cupcake trend which is just basically very expensive dessert snack you could easily make at home for one tenth the cost of this bakery. Young people like to wait in line to be seen, it seems. I would not waste my time.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Great cupcakes from the TV show!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were in DC and had some time to spare so my friend and I decided to seek out the cupcakes made famous by the TLC show, DC Cupcakes. She got a Raspberry White Chocolate. I got a Lemon Blossom and a Red Velvet for my husband. The cupcakes aren't very big and cost $2-3 each. Not terrible but not cheap either. They were delicious though! They were very flavorful thoughout the cupcake-both the cake and the frosting-and there was a good balance of frosting and cake. One wasn't huge compared to the other. Their menu changes from day to day so if you have a favorite flavor, you should probably make sure it's going to be there when you stop by.

Valparaiso, Indiana
“Best cupcake ever!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have had many cupcakes over my lifetime and one of the cupcakes I had from Georgetown Cupcake was by far the best. I wanted to visit this establishment as I have watch the show DC Cupcake in the past and the story of Sophie and Katherine. The chocolate cocoanut cupcake was the best cupcake I have ever had. To be fair I also had the white chocolate raspberry and I didn't care for it. That is why I'm giving it a very good rating and not excellent.

Mechanicsville, Maryland, United States
“good cupcakes, but way too much hype”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

visited a local dining establishment near there so my wife insisted i stop there. waited in line for 20 min to purchase 6 cupcakes for 15 dollars. 5 of the cupcakes were ok, but the mint choco chip was not good at all. The cupcakes were tasty and moist, but i did not feel it was overly amazing to see hoards of people going there and waiting on lines. Id give it 3 stars since the taste was there. I cant understand why theres so much hype towards this place though.

1 Thank PeteC30