“So disappointed by the food!”
Review of Freddy's Lobster & Clams - CLOSED

Freddy's Lobster & Clams
Cuisines: Seafood
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“So disappointed by the food!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We decided to try Freddy's Lobster and Clams in Bethesda, as we are always looking for a good place for seafood. The decor is basic but inviting, with several booths and tables with bench on one side and a sports bar on the other. I ordered the New England Clam Chowder and the fish and chips platter; my wife went for the house salad and the lobster roll. I was disappointed to see that the chowder, which looked like a potato bouillion, contained hardly any clams and had an off taste. Similarly, the fried fish and the tartar sauce were nothing like what I am used to; I did not like any of it, so I ended up filling up on the french fries, which were fine. My wife's lobster roll was very small, about 3/4 the size of a hot dog bun, totally dwarfed by the pile of french fries besides it. The glass of wine we ordered turned out to be an inch of wine at the bottom of a glass.
The only positive about the place was the friendly service.

• Visited October 2012