“Heavenly pastries” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Heavenly pastries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Their pastries are to die for! The almond and chocolate croissants are melt-in-your-mouth good. Their other pastries are delicious as well and beautiful looking. Macarons are exquisite and on par with Laduree in Paris. This is definitely a place to splurge.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank DCAviator

• Turkish first
Florida
“pas du tout”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Not sure if this a local hot spot, but Im from out of town and was not impressed. The prices are outrageous for the flavor and portion size of patisseries you receive. I purchased a box of 6 macaroons [$9] and 1 apricot danish [$2.80].

Even though the place was empty, the woman at the counter rushed us, and she seemed annoyed. Not sure why. I ordered 2 blue grand mariner macaroons, 2 coconut, and 2 vanilla. The coconut was very good, vanilla was ok, and grand mariner was not edible. The apricot danish lacked something... It was very plain. I wasn't looking for an Americanized danish, and Iv actually been to Paris and Zurich, Switzerland. This danish tasted nothing like Iv had there,

I wont be back. Too pretentious, too overpriced, and that's just too bad.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Well_Traveled_By_15
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Croissants, Coffee and Espresso are very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've been there several time and the place is good.
Croissants, Coffee and Espresso are very good so was the bread cake I bought there.
Place is a bit expensive but quality is high.

The reason why I give 4 stars is that once I've been the first client @ 8:00am, the opening in a freezing morning, had an espresso and a croissant. The espresso (the first of the day) was bad, going away I told to the waitress that 'usually' you MUST make 2 or 3 espressos and throw them away before serving the first one.
She could offer to make me a fresh, new one (that I wouldn't have accepted), but she didn't.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank carloc1955
Baltimore, Maryland
“Tout de Sweet bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was on my way to a 7-11 for a morning coffee and happened upon this small bakery that seem to have a bunch of people headed into it. Of all the times driving thru I never saw this place. So I was curious and stopped in. There was a gourmet palette of sweets and desserts that caught my eye as they were so well arranged, colorful and smelled so good. I ordered a medium coffee and waffled between the gourmet muffins or almond croissants. The croissants won. As In was waiting for someone, I managed to scarf the croissant down in less than 2 minutes, it being that tender, tasty and flaky. I ordered 6 more to go. They were so delicious and light that you never knew you ate the whole thing so quickly. The staff was so friendly and their smile just drew me in deeper to calorie heaven. Next time, I get the macarons that cried buy me.

• Visited February 2014
McLean, Virginia
“Very friendly and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I have walked by this cafe many times and always wanted to stop there but never had. I finally did today and I was so glad I did. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable about their offerings. I had a double chocolate muffin-- a delicious mix of bread, cake, and of course chocolate-- and a skim chai that was the right mix of sweet and spicy. A great place to sit and do the crossword. I will come back again for sure!