“Croissants, Coffee and Espresso are very good.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Croissants, Coffee and Espresso are very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've been there several time and the place is good.
Croissants, Coffee and Espresso are very good so was the bread cake I bought there.
Place is a bit expensive but quality is high.

The reason why I give 4 stars is that once I've been the first client @ 8:00am, the opening in a freezing morning, had an espresso and a croissant. The espresso (the first of the day) was bad, going away I told to the waitress that 'usually' you MUST make 2 or 3 espressos and throw them away before serving the first one.
She could offer to make me a fresh, new one (that I wouldn't have accepted), but she didn't.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank carloc1955

• Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
“Tout de Sweet bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was on my way to a 7-11 for a morning coffee and happened upon this small bakery that seem to have a bunch of people headed into it. Of all the times driving thru I never saw this place. So I was curious and stopped in. There was a gourmet palette of sweets and desserts that caught my eye as they were so well arranged, colorful and smelled so good. I ordered a medium coffee and waffled between the gourmet muffins or almond croissants. The croissants won. As In was waiting for someone, I managed to scarf the croissant down in less than 2 minutes, it being that tender, tasty and flaky. I ordered 6 more to go. They were so delicious and light that you never knew you ate the whole thing so quickly. The staff was so friendly and their smile just drew me in deeper to calorie heaven. Next time, I get the macarons that cried buy me.

• Visited February 2014
McLean, Virginia
“Very friendly and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I have walked by this cafe many times and always wanted to stop there but never had. I finally did today and I was so glad I did. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable about their offerings. I had a double chocolate muffin-- a delicious mix of bread, cake, and of course chocolate-- and a skim chai that was the right mix of sweet and spicy. A great place to sit and do the crossword. I will come back again for sure!

Bethesda, Maryland
“Good French desserts in the middle of Bethesda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

French desserts (and cakes made to order) by a trained professional. Breakfast items (croissant, pain aux raisins, scones) are also very good, at the level of what you'll find at the cafe of a major train station in metropolitan France. The coffee is acceptable; definitely better than the Starbucks across the street. The place is kept impeccably clean, and the service is smart and courteous. The macaroons, though not Pierre Hermé (what is?), make good gifts and conversation pieces. Definitely a good stop for breakfast.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Adrian F
Rockville, Maryland
“A sure winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Excellent deserts, very well made, fresh and tasty. Great coffee too. One of the very best dessert shops and excellent service. We do really need more of these kind of establishments.

• Visited November 2013