“Better than your average Boloco”
Review of Boloco - CLOSED

Boloco
Cuisines: International
“Better than your average Boloco”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'm from Hanover, NH one of the birthplaces of the chain Boloco. I'm telling you that this one is better than average. Forget the pricing because you know if you're going to a Boloco, you're spending around $15 without the Boloco card, $10 with the Boloco card. Whatever. So why the above average rating? It's got three TV's that they tune to watch sports and news with captioning so that you can actually read while eating. You've got the super soda machine that can give you over 100 different choices and then there's the great Boloco food. Lastly, they encourage recycling and being earth friendly.

So why not perfect? Because the restaurant is pretty busy and that means that it isn't kept as clean as it probably should be kept. But honestly, if you're looking for food that's fast but not fast food, Boloco is one of the best you're going to do.

• Visited November 2012

Miami, Florida
“Choose your own combination of ingredients and ethnic flavors”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We ate at Boloco at least 4 times on our last trip to Bethesda and got to try a variety of items for breakfast, lunch and dinner (not all on the same day!). It's a great place for healthy fast food. For a very reasonable flat rate based on size (original, small or mini) you can opt for a wrap (whole wheat or white flour) or bowl (brown or white rice or just lettuce if you prefer a salad); opt for any and all of the vegetables that you love and leave out any that you don't; choose your own protein--white or dark meat chicken, carnitas (pork), beef OR tofu; and top it off with your choice of sauce or dressing. Sauce options include Thai peanut (my favorite), Japanese teriyaki (also great), Mexican (I had a huevos rancheros wrap for breakfast--delicious!); as well as Cajun, Barbeque and some others I didn't get to try this trip. It's a vegetarian's paradise (although watch out for the cheese if you are a vegan, which I am not). It's also a bargain--the original size burrito or bown was $6.55, and a small, which I found very ample, just $5.66. I didn't have any of the smoothies, sides or chocolate chip cookies bu they looked great.

Visited September 2012
Hagerstown Maryland, USA
“Don't bother”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was really looking forward to the Bangkok thai bowl with grilled chicken and added broccoli but was sorely disappointed. The flavor was only mediocre and the texture of the chicken was a little "off." I realize it was thigh meat, which I prefer, but there was something not quite right.

The menu gives the impression that everything is fresh when in fact the ingredients are nothing special (thanks to the Ingredients List on their website you can actually check this out). Their blue cheese and caesar dressings contain corn syrup and Xanthan gum (??) and their grape jelly and ketchup contain high fructose corn syrup. No thanks.

We called in the order and picked it up so I didn't see the chocolate chip cookie before I bought it. I was expecting a nice homemade cookie but what I got was the most pitiful excuse for a chocolate chip cookie I'd ever seen. It was large and flat and contained very few chocolate chips. VERY disappointed and will not go back again.

• Visited September 2012