WINNER WONDERLAND

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
North Bethesda, Maryland
“They will probably be out of it!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Always giving preference to the smaller, locally owned businesses, and having an urge for some pizza, I stopped by Ledo Pizza on Westlake Drive in Bethesda recently. My wife was excited to find Shock Top beer on the menu and I liked the looks of the pizza on the table next to us. From there, things started to get strange. When my wife ordered Shock Top, the waiter told us that they no longer carried it. So with the beer and wine menu in hand, she scanned it and started to ask for her second choice, the Sam Adams seasonal. Anticipating where she was going, and probably realizing that the menu was useless, the waiter interrupted her and announced the five beers they had on tap, of which only one was listed on the menu. Not hearing anything that she liked, my wife decided to just go with a bottle of Coors Light rather than the draft beer. So a few minutes later, the waiter came back and told us they were out of Coors Light bottles. OK, so skip the beer and give her a Pino Grigiot. Ooops, out of that too. So at this point, I am ready to bail out. Think about it. I never ran a restaurant, but I can appreciate that maybe you get slammed with a large, unexpected crowd and run out of some things. But anyone knows that the markup on beer and wine is where you make your money. So with a liquor store and supermarket almost next door, why not go buy a few $12 bottles of wine that will yield about 8-10 glasses that you sell for $7-$10 per glass and while your there, pick up a few cases of beer too!!!!! And the beer and wine menu, a one page laminated stand alone piece on each table.....get rid of it!!! You no longer carry all but one of the draft beers, your out of wine. When I see this going on I have to wonder how the kitchen is being run too. This is just poor business. But being unusually patient with the situation, we stayed with it and my wife just went with a glass of Sprite. Which by the way turned out to be Sierra Mist, but whatever. So our pizza comes and it has a razor thin crust, looks great, tastes OK and we eat it and split. Never to return. Average pizza, poorly run, wish them well, but you gotta put some effort into running your business if you want me as a customer.

• Visited March 2013