“Great Happy Hour!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Great Happy Hour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had drinks and hors d'oeuvres at Haven - great value and the food was delicious. The service was also great. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside is really well done, complete with a big wood burning pizza oven. Definitely family friendly.

• Visited July 2013

Bethesda, Maryland
“Closest You Can Get To Pepe's in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We checked out Pete's. It was ok. Haven is better! They have a real coal fired oven, like Pepe's. We were seated in a HUGE! Booth...there were only 4 of us, but this booth could have seated 10! The pizza was fantastic - the best so far we have had in Bethesda and upto this point all we can compare to is Papa Johns because nothing else even comes close for us. Mias? ok, Flippin' ok. PIzza da Marco...good but weak goey center with a molten hot cheese too hot to taste. Naked Pizza...ok. Vace..ok. If you like traditional New Haven style pizza...thin crust, charred with blisters that is cooked crispy throughout...this is the place! Also, we ordered the meatballs as an app. VERY VERY GOOD! On the downside, the place is kind of loud...but other than that, very good experience.

• Visited July 2013
Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated for Bethesda”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I too am shocked that this restaurant is ranked in the top 3 of all Bethesda restaurants. The food is average at best.
Perhaps the restaurant owners are posting the reviews on trip advisor cause when I went last week 80% of the tables were empty.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank GingerMaryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Really good pizza, and fresh salads, and lots of yummy appetizers. Really family friendly too. Very fresh pizza, and tastes like you've just ate in Italy. I go there frequently and always enjoy my visits. Excellent food.

• Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's a pizza joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Am a bit confused, since Bethesda has 150 plus restaurants, some of which are top draft, and Haven is rated in the top 3, so I decided to have lunch there and make my own opinion. The decor is just right for a pizza joint - in a word, functional. Yes, the pizza is pretty good. Since I am originally Italian, it's not quite exactly fabulous, since I found the crust a bit "bready", but it's ok and the prior reviewer is correct that watching the oven is fun. I eat out a lot and my pet peeve is whether restaurants bus the used plates back to the kitchen, and no they dump them in a bin under the bar, which I personally don't like. Anyway, do go there, but top 3 in Bethesda??? Something's awry with this rating system.

• Visited April 2013