“Great Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Really good pizza, and fresh salads, and lots of yummy appetizers. Really family friendly too. Very fresh pizza, and tastes like you've just ate in Italy. I go there frequently and always enjoy my visits. Excellent food.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Am a bit confused, since Bethesda has 150 plus restaurants, some of which are top draft, and Haven is rated in the top 3, so I decided to have lunch there and make my own opinion. The decor is just right for a pizza joint - in a word, functional. Yes, the pizza is pretty good. Since I am originally Italian, it's not quite exactly fabulous, since I found the crust a bit "bready", but it's ok and the prior reviewer is correct that watching the oven is fun. I eat out a lot and my pet peeve is whether restaurants bus the used plates back to the kitchen, and no they dump them in a bin under the bar, which I personally don't like. Anyway, do go there, but top 3 in Bethesda??? Something's awry with this rating system.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Pizza like I've eaten in Italy. Thin and crispy crust, just the right amount of cheese, and a light tomato sauce. No garlic or oregano in the sauce might make it seem bland to some, but I like the fresh tomato taste. Excellent, lightly dressed salad was large enough to share. Not crowded on a weekday evening, and service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Pizza is fabulous, fresh salads. Roasted red peppers filled with yummy melted cheese served in little cast iron frying pan - ask for extra crust to sop up the oil in the fry pan!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Have tried Haven on weekends but the wait was too long. Finally went on a rainy Monday night and seated immediately. The place is decorated nicely in muted tones. The wine selection looked impressive though we don't drink. Server was attentive and friendly. The roasted red pepper appetizer was so good I saved some to put on top of the pizza. Romano salad very good and dressed perfectly. We got a white spinach & mushroom pizza which was the best white pizza I've ever had. Mozzarella instead of the usual fontina cheese used on white pizzas, and the crust was fantastic. Make sure you watch a little while the action at the massive coal fired oven.