“Food excellent, server not attentive”
Review of Pizzeria Da Marco

Pizzeria Da Marco
Ranked #11 of 373 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed overnight in Bethesda at a local hotel and saw this restaurant from our hotel window. I have to say the atmosphere was wonderful and the food amazing! They were short on servers this evening and ours was not that great, we had to keep tracking him down. We would of ordered more drinks and dessert if we did not have to have to find him. However, I would go back if we are ever in the area as the food was top quality!!!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is one of our favorite go-to places for dinner in Bethesda, which is surprising since we generally do not frequent Italian restaurants. This feels more authentic, and the quality of food is high. Our 5-year-old loves their baked rigatoni, and my husband loves their calamari con spinici along with their salads. I especially love their margherita pizza. The service is generally pretty quick, and the atmosphere is pleasant. It's such a large space that it always feels private, and has never been too noisy. We've been there with larger groups (including several children) as well as just the 3 of us, and it's been good in all cases. They provide crayons for children. They also have a bar. Sometimes can find parking in the small lot right across the street, but otherwise need to find parking on the street or in one of the large public lots nearby.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We ate here on a Saturday night with friends. The atmosphere is very attractive and the service was excellent. The food was good but not memorable. The salad was under-dressed and bland. Obviously, they use good quality ingredients to make their Neapolitan pizzas but overall they needed some salt. The crust had a nice chewiness to it but the middle was mushy. I would definitely try it again but ask that they bring more salad dressing, and make the pizza a bit more well done.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We come here every few weeks for the happy hour. Everything on the menu is good and relatively inexpensive, especially for Bethesda. I can't recall the bartender's name but she is always there and always friendly.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I previously said that Mia's was the best pizza in Bethesda, but I have definitely changed my mind. I like Da Marco even better. Their margarita is sooo delish! The bruschetta is awesome. They get the tomatoes locally and they are so good. Service is always super friendly. They have awesome happy hour specials too. In pleasant weather they have nice outdoor seating--it's nice to be elevated off the street.