WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Visiting Home” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Navy Lodge Bethesda

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bethesda
Navy Lodge Bethesda
ANTIOCH
“Visiting Home”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I'm retired from the Army( 21 years) (E-7), wanted to visit my home town without putting any of my friends or relatives out and besides my wife and I like some privacy from time to time.The price at the lodge is the right price($81.00). The room is very large and is nicely appointed with a, microwave,refrigerator, desk, eating table etc..The bed was one of the most uncomfortable beds I have slept in lately and the sheets were maybe 50 count, felt like sand paper. The employees were not friendly at all and the front desk person was never available, called down several times for information about the base, no answer.Most employees acted if they had an attitude and did not smile or speak...... maybe they could not understand a simple good morning or hello. One time I did talk with a front desk person face to face and his English was limited. Breakfast was o.k., usual waffles , cereal bars cereal, juice etc.. Overall the experience was not totally bad, only because I enjoyed meeting some wounded warriors but the lodge even with getting renovation needs a major overhaul. Better beds and friendly employees who respect the sacrifice that most guest have given. .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank JEFFREY G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hand'nt been here in about five years and was glad that could get a room here for two reasons - a. pleasant place to stay, very reasonable rates, safe, friendly staff, about 12 minute walk to the Metro, and b. there was space available this time when requested a reservation. That was a good sign as priority is appropriately allocated for those with family hospitalized at the medical center and it's good when there are fewer wounded and injured among those serving our nation.
Suggest make reservations as far in advance that you can.
Rooms are spacious and comfortable with a small kitchen - stove, full-size refrigerator, microwave and coffee-maker. Location is very quiet.
Walking distance to the exchange, hospital, service station (whose store has sundry items and snacks, yoghurt, milk, etc). Breakfast includes fresh waffles, boiled eggs, orange juice, fruit, oatmeal, etc. so you will be ready to meet the day. Small PT room with a treadmill, but you can jog around here easily (even saw a deer several times) and enjoy the campus. Free laundry washers and dryers, and it seems trasitional that those checking out leave any unused detergent for others still aboard.
Any criticisms: Rug had an "off" scent, and learned that there will be a renovation soon, so that should be fixed. Also, religous literature in bedside table promoting a rather restricted religous ideology, hardly reflective of our nation's diverse military and the nation at large. Wondered why that private religious organization, not others, gets permission to put religious literature in taxpayer-supported non-church /synagogue /mosque building.
Would definitely come here again if the need arose and am glad the Navy Lodge is here for our Service families.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CDCPublicHealthDoc
Three Springs, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

I had to unexpectedly find a place to stay while visiting with my daughter in Bethesda. We went to The Lodge hoping that I'd be able to stay - my daughter had to report back in 15 minutes and the nice young man got me checked in in record time. After getting her back to Walter Reen I returned really not expecting anything special. When I opened the door to the room I felt like I was in someone's guest room or a room in a B&B. It was so pretty. The room looked and smelled clean. It was the first place in a long, long, long time that I did not feel skeezy. I happily walked around barefoot. The cleaning staff is so creative when it comes to folding the hand towels, wash cloths and the dish cloths!! There was an unexpected (to me) breakfast (large selection) included but I don't eat early so I just had a couple of swallows of their delicious orange juice. Check out was very easy process and the staff was very friendly then as well. Sadly, I may have to return to Bethesda and if I do I would want to stay there. I know my husband would like this as a place to stay and families would feel that The Lodge was appropriate as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo