“Festive, unpretentious, and good value” 4 of 5 stars

Louisiana Kitchen & Bayou Bar
Ranked #125 of 340 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“Festive, unpretentious, and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Not being a local, I just happened upon Louisiana Kitchen while wandering the streets, foraging for food with a handful of other convention-goers. I'd go back here; they had a tempting variety on their menu. I wasn't really hungry, but I knew I needed to eat something, so I ordered what sounded like a small portion. Hmm, maybe they don't have small portions. My cajun-roasted chicken was very good, just slightly dry. The vegetable jambalaya was a tasty & suitable complement to the chicken. The portions were hefty, and I didn't make it to the two biscuits. The service was prompt, friendly and accomodating (separate checks mentioned after the fact, enough to make most servers grimace). Most items on the menu were very reasonably priced.

• Visited September 2012

Rockville
“Great place to go for fun food and ambiance and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I go here for special occasions when we want good food and service at an affordable price. The restaurant is small and attractive, but there is enough space between tables to have some privacy.
The cajun food is very good and you can't beat the prices. It's truly affordable. The service is good. We're fans in particular of their Valentine's Day menu.

Visited February 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really good Cajun food in an unpretentious and fun atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We used to go to the predecessor of this joint which was called louisiana Express.
We were so upset when it closed its doors. We thought that was it but then discovered that louisiana express had been reincarnated into Louisiana kitchen and bayou bar. One of the employees opened the new restaurant after the original owner passed away.
Same great food but some very nice new additions to the menu. Food is served with piping hot biscuits which should not be missed.
My husband always gets the spicy rotisserie chicken and jambalaya which he shares with one of our sons.
Our older son usually gets the steak sandwich and I normally ask for the poached eggs served on blackened catfish .
Today I tried the house special French toast which was AMAZING!
Very crispy on the outside and soft and moist on the inside . It comes sprinkled with sugar and I of course had it with maple syrup. As always I had the hot cafe au lait served in a bug glass mug.

1 Thank lovetotravel54321
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovin' the Bayou”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Muffaletta's are good, so are the po' boys. I love the Jambalaya and Gumbo. My favorite is the Crawfish Etouffee - I'm getting hungry writing this!

Haven't been but I've been told their Sunday Brunch is very good.

Visited July 2012
Media, Pennsylvania
“good food, brunch and lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

there last weekend visiting family. our son suggested it. wife had the french toast with ham. couldnt finish it due to he portion size [i did]. delicious. the ham was grilled. no fat. great .
our son and i had the shrimp po boy. spicy but with the added cucumber slice it mellowed the overall tang. nice touch. popular place, as we had to wait about 20 min. no big deal. but service is a bit slow. but with great people, who cares.

• Visited March 2012