“Hidden Gem!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 338 Restaurants in Bethesda
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Georgetown Road
Transit: Easy Three block walk from Bethesda Metro station. At the top of the escalator turn left slightly and proceed to third traffic light on Old Georgetown Road. Turn right on St Elmo, we are on right hand side at 4926. Multiple public bus stops also within walking distance.
Description: We are a Chef owned seafood focused restaurant in beautiful downtown Bethesda. We feature a daily changing menu and use as many locally sourced products as we can. We maintain a friendly and comfortable dining space that allows our guests to relax and recharge. We approach our restaurant with an appreciation for simplicity, authenticity and connection to our community. We deliver daily with high quality food, spirits and people. Our menus include fresh seasonal seafood at their core. We deliver food that nurtures, delights and reminds people that life is short and to enjoy a great meal more often. Our restaurant delivers a comfortable upscale environment that promotes conversation and connection
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Hidden Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place is conveniently located near the parking garage. It has great food. We have been many times and always return. Bethesda has a lot of restaurants, but this one is a find! The staff has always been great too. It must be a happy place to work!

Visited September 2013

Frederick, Maryland
“Spectacular service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My first visit at Chef Tony using a Groupon. We were greeted upon arrival and ask if we have a coupon and was immediately seated with our menu handed to us. I looked at the an alternative menu for couponed meals and found that they only have one dish that is none seafood. Lucky for my friend who is allergic to seafood. He ordered a Ceasar Salad and a Chicken dish for his main course. I, on the other hand ordered the Calamari (a little bit over cook) and the Monk fish for my main course. The Main dish was very good and the right portion for me. The waiter was very attentive and was helpful. Will be back to try their Paella....

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went to chef Ton'y for the first time using a Groupon coupon for the three course price fix dinner. As we were being seated we were asked if we had a coupon and then we were brought to the back room. Seating was tight and the atmosphere was nothing to remark about. Our waiter appeared promptly and was friendly and attentive. I was expecting to have minimal choices with the price fix but I was pleasantly surprised with the variety of choices. We picked two appetizers- the calamari which was quite good and the ceviche which turned out to be more like a bruschetta ceviche- this was just okay. For my main course I had the salmon with plantains and brussel sprouts and my friend had a scallop dish both were nicely cooked and quite tasty. Dessert was one of the best I have ever had, a sweet potato with a sugar crust- words don't do it justice! All in all it was a good meal with good service. My improvements to this place would lay in the atmosphere inside and out-

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank sparkles59
Needham, MA
“Mother's Day Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband was searching on line last minute for a brunch this past Mother's Day for 6 adults and two children. Great choice! Chef Tony's was a great choice. The menu offered great choices everyone that included breakfast and/or lunch choices. Pricing was not jacked up for Mother's Day ether. Staff was great and the chef came to make sure that all was well. We are looking forward to visiting our children and revisiting Chef Tony's for lunch.

• Visited May 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great seafood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Wonderful celebration dinner. As others have said, the exterior is modest. However, the food was well prepared, interesting and flavorful. Great value. I will surely return.

• Visited July 2013