“Culinary Delight”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Georgetown Road
Transit: Easy Three block walk from Bethesda Metro station. At the top of the escalator turn left slightly and proceed to third traffic light on Old Georgetown Road. Turn right on St Elmo, we are on right hand side at 4926. Multiple public bus stops also within walking distance.
Description: We are a Chef owned seafood focused restaurant in beautiful downtown Bethesda. We feature a daily changing menu and use as many locally sourced products as we can. We maintain a friendly and comfortable dining space that allows our guests to relax and recharge. We approach our restaurant with an appreciation for simplicity, authenticity and connection to our community. We deliver daily with high quality food, spirits and people. Our menus include fresh seasonal seafood at their core. We deliver food that nurtures, delights and reminds people that life is short and to enjoy a great meal more often. Our restaurant delivers a comfortable upscale environment that promotes conversation and connection
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Chef Tony's a number of times over the past four years and were back there last night, February 5, 2013, to take advantage of a 3 course prix fixe dinner. We have eaten there for dinner and for Sunday brunch and have never been disappointed. We took advantage of a Groupon offer early on, and, as regular customers, get e-mail specials from Chef Tony's that make dining there an excellent value. But value only counts if the food is good, and we have to say that the food is excellent. Favorites include the crusted sole and pan seared shrimp with penne pasta in a spicy tomato sauce. Sonia's strawberry cheesecake for dessert is to die for!! Our service has always been good, but last night, our server Axel, gave us some of the best service we have had at Chef Tony's. In the years that we have been coming to Chef Tony's, we have often had theater or concert tickets immediately following dinner and have never been late to a show - the service is that good.
To finish: if you haven't tried Chef Tony's and enjoy fine dining, then give this restaurant a try. Given our experience, you will be back.

There are newer reviews for Chef Tony's

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Sunday brunch was great. Anything on the menu is delicious, The atmosphere is lovely. The only thing that is not so good is the parking. It is hard to find a parking space but that is the way in Bethesda.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not necessarily the scenery. ;) Went in December 2012 after a movie. Seafood was very good, and the dessert was quite tasty (believe it was a cheesecake).

Decor? Not so much. Reminded me of Italian restaurants in Western NY, with the murals on the walls and a slightly down at the heels feel. If you want fancy surroundings, go to Cesco Trattoria (which does not seem to know what it wants to be - club up front, upscale Italian in the back).

Will have to come back and experience brunch...

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went to Sunday Brunch. Our waiter was attentive and able to accommodate special requests. I had the Carmel French Toast. Cooked nicely and the carmel sauce was some of the best I have ever eaten. My wife had the Steak and Eggs. The steak was cook well and the sauce on top was wonderful.

I had their Bloody Mary. When I asked I was told that it was rather spicy but it was not. I had them make the next on more spicy. It had a nice horseradish flavor and was spicier. My wife had the bottomless Mimosa and they were good but a little inconsistent.

this is a place that I would return to for Sunday Brunch when I return to Bethesda.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My niece and I had dinner here with a Groupon that she purchased. We were asked if we would like to sit by the window which was next to the door opening and it was a cold evening. There was a party in the back so he offered us a table for two in a very narrow hallway-like room off to the side. Cute but there was a subtle aroma we think from an air freshener in the doorway that became very obnoxious very soon. Since there were no more tables available we had to stay there! When the waiter saw the Groupon he took away our menus and brought back a printed menu for Groupon holders for an appetizer, entree and dessert. The appetizers were very good, a cheese plate and grilled Caesar salad (I don't know what was grilled about it). For entrees we ordered salmon and a parmesan-crusted sole. Both were very tasty. My potatoes were cold so they did bring me a dish of newly mashed potatoes. Desserts were very good also. We were impressed with the fact that they use locally grown and some organic foods. Since I was a visitor from out of town, I won't be back there and I don't think my niece who lives nearby will either. Prices a little high also. Original cost of dinner and a bottle of wine was $122.