“Good Food and Ambiance, Needs Better Presentation”

Cesco Osteria and Co2 Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Cesco Osteria and Co2 Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 371 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Metro Accessible, Red Line Bethesda Metro Center Metro Schedule: http://www.wmata.com/rail/schedules.cfm
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Cesco Osteria is located in a large space next to the Bethesda Metro Station previously occupied by a McCormick & Schmick's. The restaurant is nicely decorated with comfortable furniture, elegant glass lamps, and large open windows. Service on a quiet Sunday night was well coordinated and responsive. We enjoyed a very good amuse bouche of frittata and plate of breadsticks and foccacia. The wine list was comprehensive and reasonably priced with some good choices in the under $40 range. We enjoyed an excellent ripasso, a rich wine related to the Amarones of Valpolicella. Food was pretty good, but not brilliant. Pancetta wrapped scallops were served on a bed of slightly gummy spinach and goat cheese which didn't quite match. Fried calamari was a bit overcooked and served with something that resembled thousand island dressing. Lamb chops were done just right and served with an excellent sauce and vegetable saute. A plate of osso bucco had an excellent gremolata sauce, but the presentation was a bit amateurish, just a mound of mashed potatoes and an out of season flute cut tomato. We shared tiramisu for dessert which was tasty, but had a less than perfect presentation. I'd recommend the grappa di moscato as a finale. It had a wonderful bouquet and smooth taste. Our overall experience was very good even though there were some flaws in the presentation and side dishes. We do recommend Cesco Osteria for a good meal of northern Italian food.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went for a light late dinner last night. The pasta dishes were excellent! With many choices in Bethesda, Cesco is in the top price range. If two were to go in for a full dinner and a glass of wine each, the tab could easily reach $200 with tip. The food is very good but there are better values in Bethesda.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

For several years, I, together with my family and friends, enjoyed having lunches and dinners at Cesco Trattoria in Bethesda, Maryland. I moved to Washington, DC, but returned as frequently as possible, then when I wanted to return, discovered that the original location was closed. Alas, I did not make the effort to determine if it had reopened elsewhere -- my mistake. Finally, I rediscovered Cesco at their new location; it is larger, more diverse (has a nice lounge and live music now), but the extraordinary, personalized service -- Elaine is wonderful! -- is most appreciated and the inventive yet comforting food (in some hands this is a contradiction in terms) and very well prepared food (Francesco Ricchi is the chef owner) is a delight. I've returned again several times, introducing friends from near and far to this terrific restaurant; it will remain on my "favorites" list-- you should add it to yours! The URL is http://www.cesco-osteria.com/

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Cesco Osteria is a very large modern Italian restaurant a couple of small blocks away from Bethesda Row. There is a large bar area, where the music was drumming very loudly, and I was concerned that this would ruin my meal; fortunately, the dining area around the corner is so vast that we were able to eat very quietly. We found it surprising that we were about the only diners in such a large restaurant at dinner time. The decor is quite nice and the tables well laid out. The service we received was excellent, as was the food and the wine. The portions were very generous and everything was properly cooked, from my wife's seafood linguini to the fettucine with venison ragu, to the venison main course. We will definitely be back to what I consider to be a very good find within easy walking distance of Bethesda Row.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Close to Hyatt; great service.Excellent on 2 visits, on in August and one in October. Nice atmosphere. Indoor and outdoor seating.