“Finding and old friend and recalling why it is much-cherished”

Cesco Osteria and Co2 Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Cesco Osteria and Co2 Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 372 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Metro Accessible, Red Line Bethesda Metro Center Metro Schedule: http://www.wmata.com/rail/schedules.cfm
Reviewed December 21, 2012

For several years, I, together with my family and friends, enjoyed having lunches and dinners at Cesco Trattoria in Bethesda, Maryland. I moved to Washington, DC, but returned as frequently as possible, then when I wanted to return, discovered that the original location was closed. Alas, I did not make the effort to determine if it had reopened elsewhere -- my mistake. Finally, I rediscovered Cesco at their new location; it is larger, more diverse (has a nice lounge and live music now), but the extraordinary, personalized service -- Elaine is wonderful! -- is most appreciated and the inventive yet comforting food (in some hands this is a contradiction in terms) and very well prepared food (Francesco Ricchi is the chef owner) is a delight. I've returned again several times, introducing friends from near and far to this terrific restaurant; it will remain on my "favorites" list-- you should add it to yours! The URL is http://www.cesco-osteria.com/

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Cesco Osteria is a very large modern Italian restaurant a couple of small blocks away from Bethesda Row. There is a large bar area, where the music was drumming very loudly, and I was concerned that this would ruin my meal; fortunately, the dining area around the corner is so vast that we were able to eat very quietly. We found it surprising that we were about the only diners in such a large restaurant at dinner time. The decor is quite nice and the tables well laid out. The service we received was excellent, as was the food and the wine. The portions were very generous and everything was properly cooked, from my wife's seafood linguini to the fettucine with venison ragu, to the venison main course. We will definitely be back to what I consider to be a very good find within easy walking distance of Bethesda Row.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Close to Hyatt; great service.Excellent on 2 visits, on in August and one in October. Nice atmosphere. Indoor and outdoor seating.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were late in getting there, but we were greeted warmly. Ordered a great Brunello with our pasta and then veal porterhouse steak along with braised short ribs. Service was fantastic. We will be back.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Fresh homemade pasta, round raviola stuffed with butternut squash in a cream sauce tickled our imagination and then pleasantly blessed our taste buds to start. Wow, what a dish! It would be hard to get better than that, but the lamb chops were thick, perfectly prepared, delicately seasoned, complemented nicely with risotto. The veal stuffed ravioli was good, but we thought the veal was too well ground and the bolognese sauce was too heavy and we thought a mismatch for the thin, almost transparent pasta. Mariana, the server, was outstanding(!), as were the other wait staff. The dining room is simply and tastefully decorated; we tend to like it quieter, but it was acceptable even with the live music on Friday evening coming from the lounge. Parking is $4 in the building and very convenient, taking away all the frustration of parking the often accompanies dining in Bethesda.