“Mediterranean in a basket”
Review of Cava Mezze Grill

Cava Mezze Grill
Ranked #17 of 381 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Ate here on a Saturday afternoon, had the mini pittas with spicy lamb, delish! The pickled onions were tangy and sweet!! Totally worth the trip to bethesda

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I'm high on this place after just happening to stop by. Delicious food. Line out the door the whole time I was there (Friday lunch hour). Set up like Chipotle and everything the consumer uses is 100% recyclable. All types jammed in there from families to business people and tourists (me). Gyros, salads, plates your way with lots of choices. The meatballs are very flavorful. Lucky people who get in on the ground floor of what is sure to become a successful franchise.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Ok..so we walk into Cava and it was empty, no one in the entire place...except us. A little shocking considering that every other eatery around was packed on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I ordered the three minis, two with meat and one with falafel. The meat was so dry that it crumbled like feta cheese. I had to buy an extra hummus to spread on the pitas. My friends ordered three bowls two had chicken and the other had the meatballs. Dry, dry, dry! Maybe the food sat too long because business was so slow and it dried out. Bad, bad, really bad.

1  Thank cwilli64
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Great place for a felafel or pita with chicken. You build your own -- so you can put hummos on it...or whatever you want! We actually crave this place for lunch!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

The food here is excellent and comparing to a chipotle is right on with a higher level of quality and healthier eating in my opinion. I did not feel stuffed after eating as I would with all the carbs of chipotle and the options coupled with how the food is prepared keep the calories low without sacrificing taste. I went to the website and was able to build my meal on the site in order to count the calories, thought that was cool. unfortunately, Georgetown Cupcake is right next door!! Great location, very good food, good service = going back for more!