WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Panas Gourmet Empanadas - CLOSED

Panas Gourmet Empanadas
Cuisines: Latin, South American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Description: Panas specializes in Latin fusion gourmet empanadas, crescent- shaped turnovers, stuffed with well seasoned combinations of meats, vegetables, spices, fruits, and sweets. Our recipes are inspired by the idea of Latin Fusion cuisine; a culinary concept based on creating new recipes by combining traditional and modern culinary techniques and mixing ingredients from different countries in the Americas. The only empanadas’ tradition we want to preserve is that empanadas a great idea and fun package for food.
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Take Out Divine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We did take-out of about 12 mostly meat empanadas for a group of 4, and they were PERFECT. The filling of each is stamped in two letters on the edge of each empanada (CA for beef, green olives, hard-boiled eggs, onions and parsley, CS for Chipotle Steak, CP for Chicken Pesto, etc.). Each was better than the one before: fresh ingredients, great combinations of flavors, and interesting sauces, too. One of the best parts is that you pick things up cold and bake them at home for a minute per empanada, so everything is hot & fresh. Highly recommended for take-out.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jaseaton

Bethesda, Maryland
“Unbelievably good food for not much $$$ - will definitely return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I would consider this a fast food restaurant because one orders at the counter. BUT the food is not your typical fast food, it's delicious: fresh, tasty and easy to eat.

After enjoying the empanadas, I ordered a special fruit drink. The ice machine was broken, so the guy at the counter said that if I returned after about two hours, he'd give me the drink for free. VERY nice touch. He enjoyed discussing the food with me after I'd eaten.

I am very impressed with this restaurant. Our group of four spent $31 on a great meal and wondered why we had wasted our money on a mediocre meal at Range the night before.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mammoth, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice natural lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I shared a canoa with my boyfriend ( 8 empanadas, 4 sauces and chips in a wooden canoe). The price wasn't bad. I think the canoa was about $15 total. The empanadas are pretty nice sized and we easily were full from one canoa. Loved the fact that they bake them (not fry), use natural dough, non processed ingredients and do not use preservatives.

I wasn't a huge fan of the sauces, but my boyfriend liked them, so that may be a matter of opinion. I thought they had too many spicy sauces and only one not spicy (that probably is more traditional though).

The atmosphere was also nice. Very cute on the inside! I would return.

• Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Nice late lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

After getting off a morning flight and getting into town we were looking for a late lunch, nothing too heavy. With a beer. Found lots of places in the area, none with beer, but I think we were just unlucky in our choices. We wandered in here, checked that they had beer, and ordered. It was very good. The staff were friendly and helpful to these strangers clearly not familiar with their menu. They made helpful suggestions, and brought a big plate of empanadas to our table outside in the sunshine. With the beer. Very tasty, and ideal for what we wanted. If we were in the area again we would go back for more, and check out some other options on their menu. Well worth a visit.

Visited June 2013
Silver Spring, MD
“Excellent empanadas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Tasty empanadas. Cevice sampler also very good. Prices easy to take. Fun decor. Could get five stars with a more attractive presentation (brown empanadas in brown paper holder are begging for a little parsley, lettuce or lime to show them off) and lower volume on the otherwise good Latin music.

• Visited May 2013