“2.5 stars”

Maki-Maki
Ranked #69 of 373 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Not sure why so many love this place? There are much better sushi options in the area (altho none are outstanding) .

Takeout was disappointing - the fish slices were stringy and chewy.

Dine in was ok at best.

Will not return.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I was recently in the Bethesda MD area for work and decided to stop into Maki Maki sushi restaurant. I am new to the sushi scene but decided to give it a try after a long conversation with my girlfriend about how wonderful sushi is. (she eats it almost twice a week) I walked in and was greeted by the friendly staff and then given an overview of all the different types of sushi and even allowed me to try a few small pieces of the sushi.
I ended up getting a salmon skin roll with cream cheese (not sure if it has an official name) and loved it. I have been back roughly 5 more times since. Thanks to the wonderful helpful staff of Maki Maki.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Maki-Maki has the best udon noodle soup in town. Full of noodles, vegetables, tofu (or meat of your choice). The sushi is super fresh and the special rolls are creative and delicious! The portions are very generous and the prices are great!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had the tempura. Husband had sushi. We both very much enjoyed our meals. Service was quick. Prices were very good. Highly recommend!

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. We live down the street from it and eat take-out sushi at least once a week. They know us by name and order now, which is either awesome or terribly sad. I have multiple food allergies, so they are willing to make changes to the rolls for me. We have eaten in several times and they have no problem with me bringing in my coconut aminos to use in place of soy sauce (soy allergy). Love this place. I'll be sad to leave it if we ever move.

1  Thank Blondebetty123