Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Activity Place for Younger Kids

We brought a 3-year old & 1-year old to be this place. My 1-year old did not get as much out of... read more

Reviewed June 26, 2017
cynthiahlopez
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Field Trip

Reviewed August 19, 2016
Libra123456
via mobile

All reviews birds safeway kid stroller costumes weekends
Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

Went on a field trip with my daughter school and it was lots of fun! The kids made a smoothie and enjoyed all the rooms. Will def go back again soon!

1  Thank Libra123456
Reviewed April 11, 2016

Visited this weekend with a 3 year old and grandparents. It cost about $45 for 5 people which included more adults than children. We only did one of the extras which was painting nails which my toddler loved and it was the best part for her. I would say for the cost and it being a very dinky basement you can do most of the activities at home or at other locations with a little planning. The cost of the overall experience would prohibit me from going again with any guests as the experience is not worth the money as many have said alot of the toys and areas are old and not in good shape. I feel that if you plan it you can plan some arts and crafts, nail painting and baking activities on your own for less money. The baking and smoothie is not high quality and can be done easily in other settings, neither is the nail painting or other activities that cost more $ on top of $9 per person to enter. Lastly beware that to get down to the location once you find it you have to go down a steep set of stairs or use a narrow back alley way if you have anyone who cannot walk down those stairs. We were able to access it from the alley with someone using a walker to some degree but wheelchairs may be more difficult or prohibitive.

2  Thank Toddlermommy12
Reviewed March 7, 2016

Last week we spent 3 1/2 hours there and felt we "got our money's worth".The Playseum Has about a dozen rooms. When we arrived our three-year-old granddaughter went shopping in the Safeway. She particularly liked working the cash register and the credit card machine. She went into the dress-up room she crawled around on some of the toys. She loved the bakery and served us beautifully. At 11 AM the "organized" fund starts.There is storytelling followed by a brief snack followed by a trip to the "pet room". She fed and petted the rabbits. She touched the frogs. She petted the birds and actually had one of the birds rest on her arm and then fly around the room.She did a tiny bit of painting on the wall. She loved riding the "horse" and climbing the "trees".There are optional à la carte activities above the nine dollar admission fees. For a dollar we had her fingernails done with polish and sparkles. She was thrilled other cost items revolve around food or take-home arts and crafts projects. We did none of those. There might've been a dozen kids or more in the place but it certainly didn't feel crowded or competitive

1  Thank Ken F
Reviewed December 3, 2015

Im always looking for places to take my Grandson and I stumbled upon a Groupon on LivingSocial deal and was pleasantly surprised at this hidden gem located down the steps in the basement of a building. Parking isn't fun but you can park across the street behind the restaurants and walk the block over. Parking is metered during the week and free on the weekends. We walked around and visited each room to plan our afternoon and then we purchased $20 worth of Playseum bucks that he used to make me some lip balm and he made him self bubble bath, he painted a bird house and made his own smoothie and a milk shake for me and we had money to spare for our next visit. I felt like the place was a little under staffed for all the activities and parties that were going on but I think they did a great job considering. Some of the items were dated but I think that is part of the appeal of the old world library/book store motif they have going on. In short we enjoyed it and will again.

1  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed February 18, 2015

It kills me that my daughter (3.5) loves this place so much. It's no surprise that she does - it's a messy free-for-all with lots of stuff to get into. But I agree with many other commentators about the place being a bit run down, feeling dirty. Boxes in the grocery store area are falling apart and taped back together rather than replaced, staff is unattentive, toys are dirty and many for the smaller kids are broken (I have a 16 month old too).

My daughter loved painting a craft, looking at the animals (even though you can't touch them), eating cupcakes - or just generally running around with a friend. But it is not worth the $7/person admission fee (for a family of 4, that's $28 - plus any thing else you add on); cupcakes are $3 each - and they're like little homemade cupcakes. NOT Georgetown cupcakes... A visit here can add up quickly and for an expensive outing, I would expect cleaner digs.

3  Thank MonkeyGirlBean