“Nothing to write home about, but it gets the job done.”

Bethesda Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nothing to write home about, but it gets the job done.”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

All hotels in the Bethesda/DC area are overpriced. This was one of the cheapest we could find at $200/nt (parking extra). It was in a nice neighborhood, very close to the metro stop, though 20 min or so to Union Sq. They had a great front desk staff, breakfast, patio, shampoo (for a hotel), and free bottled water! The hotel itself is kind of old, water temperature in the shower was extremely inconsistent, and security at the back door by the parking lot was lacking as the door never closed all the way. The bed was great and TV was a modern flat screen, but the lighting was dim and the air conditioner didn't have a very good low setting.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Amissville, Virginia
Reviewed April 30, 2010

Best location for the price. My wife and I walked to all downtown restaurants and two movie theaters in less than ten minutes. Also the Metrorail redline is two blocks away. My wife took advantage of the free limo and driver to get a ride and return pickup to a yoga studio half a mile away. The general manager and front desk staff are very friendly and helpful, willing to hear and address any concern. Tip: meet General Manager Ed Reed, and Paula, Joyce, Brandon at the front desk when you check-in, and if you have any issue or need during your stay they will handle it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Bethesda, Md.
Reviewed April 3, 2010

My husband and I were temporarily relocated to this hotel because the apartment building we live in one block away lost power for 3 days. The staff was so welcoming and assisted us in registering swiftly and professionally in this rather inconvenient time.
They also offer a complimentary breakfast that had a wide variety of choices. It was fresh and delicious. The manager to the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff were so friendly and accomidating. One day after checking out I realized in a panic that I may have left my husbands phone charger in the hotel room. I sprinted back over to the hotel and much to my relief they had bagged it and labeled and dated the bag so I was able to retrieve it right away. What a relief!

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
philadelphia
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Don't let this "European" style hotel fool you. It's a cheap imitation. First, the showerhead didn't work. And then when the water finally flowed, it took about 5 minutes before any hot water appeared. And then when it did, it would come and go - hot, then cold, then back again. The lighting was awful, and the rug had dangerous folds in it. The pillows were razor thin. The breakfast is ok, with dry cereal, yoghurt and apples, but you might as well book a Hampton Inn, which has a much better selection, including hot options. Sadly, the chain hotels in Bethesda are a better choice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank phillymate
maryland
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I spent six nights at this terrific hotel. I found the staff was helpful and courteous.
I had a problem with the heating unit and immediately they switch me to another room.
The Breakfast Room was never out of items which included all the basics coffee, buns, cereal, toast, pints of milk plus shelled hard boiled eggs.
You might want to skip the elevator , walking is faster.
The beds are very comfortable, I seep through the night.
The only difference from the real fancy hotels, I find is the price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank wiseone4
oregon
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I stayed at the Bethesda Court Inn during a business trip because it was the most affordable in town. The staff there is increadibly kind - they give out great chocolates, bottled water and the kitchen with breakfast food is always open. They were really helpful and the nicest staff of any hotel I've stayed in!

Definitely recommened, it's a great place for the price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
New Hampshire
Reviewed October 26, 2009

My wife and I stayed at The Bethesda Court for a week while we were site seeing in D.C. and we were very happy with our choice.
The room was a little smaller then I expected but it was very clean and well maintained. The bathroom only has a shower no bathtub and the shower is very small, but the cleanliness made up for the size.
We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. One day we mentioned to the front desk clerk that we wanted to take a night bus tour of D.C. and he looked up the site for us and found that that night was sold out and made reservations for us for the next night.
We liked the location. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the Metro red line station, which we used every day to get around. The only time we drove was to go to Mount Vernon, which is about a 45 minute drive from the hotel.
The hotel serves a free continental breakfast in a little room off the lobby every morning, which was fine for my wife and I, but if your looking for something more, a pancake house is next door and a 24 hour diner is around the corner.
As far as restaurants for dinner, what ever you want is within walking distance. French,Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Indian, steak house,hamburgers, you name it it's close by.
We don't visit the area very often but next time we go back we would stay at Bethesda Court again

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple