“Superb Value Exceeding Helpful Staff”

Bethesda Court Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The staff here are supremely helpful and give the personalized service more common in European boutique hotels. I had called ahead with a special request, and not only did they grant it... they recognized my voice at check in from the phone call and remembered who I was. They greeted me by name on several other occasions. Staff were very helpful explaining to my sister how to walk to the very nearby but rather hidden back entrance to the Metro. And they give you free bottles of water whenever you ask.

I also liked that there is a 24 hour pharmacy and many interesting local restaurant choices nearby. I felt safe walking around the area - it is very brightly lit. And the metro is so close that you can truly be at the Smithsonian museums less than 30 minutes after you were sitting on your bed.

There is even a breakfast room and a lobby that people actually relax an talk to each other in.

The only thing that kept me from giving 5 starts is that the hotel appearance is pretty dated. It was comfortable and clean, but shows its age -- like your favorite grandma's house. e pictures on its website definitely show it on its very best light .. when you pull up you'll wonder at first if you saw the pix 20-30 years ago in style.

For the price and convenience, and the personal touch, though, we will definitely stay here again. If you want hip and stylish, you'all be happier paying for the W or Sofitel. This place is as good as them, it just doesn't look (or cost) the part.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I go to NIH for my cancer treatments. Since I can't be home the staff here makes me feel at home. They are always very helpful and courteous. I love everything about this hotel and wouldn't stay any place else.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Cynthia H
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We got Living Social deals and stayed 3 nights, Friday and Saturday. The staff were all really friendly and I appreciate that a lot. The room was a great size and had a mini fridge, single sized keurig, and a microwave which was convenient.

The breakfast options were plentiful- yogurts, boiled eggs, fruit, pastries, bagels and muffins etc. and we thought it was definitely sufficient for a free breakfast!

The main cons would be that there were a couple of stains on the carpet and the bathroom lacked sufficient counter space, only one small glass shelf next to the pedestal sink. Also, the only places to hang towels were on the door or on the other side of the bathroom from the shower so it wasn't very useful.

We would definitely go back, the hotel was conveniently located near the event we were attending and we spent a lot of time in Georgetown as well and it was a direct and brief drive.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank BettinaMarie
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband, kids and I have stayed at the Bethesda Court Hotel three times since December 2013. From the housekeeping to the customer service to the shuttle drivers to the managers, the entire operation is top notch. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if given a choice.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jolyne H
Reviewed February 5, 2014

If I could afford it. I can't. But I would. If you're doing biz at the NIH, this is the only way to roll. The shuttle will shoot you over there in a jif, and there'll be less hassle at the security gate than with a private vehicle. Still some hassle though. Expect delays.

As others have pointed out, it's an easy few blocks to the Metro. There are ample adequate restaurants in similarly easy walking distances, and a few really nice wine shops, too. It's possible to abandon your car for the entire stay and never feel a bit deprived.

Those traveling with kids might also appreciate that there is a coin-op laundry on site. Breakfast was varied and abundant, and the eatin' courtyard relaxing and peaceful. There is a Safeway right nearby for sundries you may have forgotten to pack. Staff is super helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: Upper floors seem quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Flex M
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I had a room at the end of the hall and the 3 days I stayed it was freezing cold. I asked extra blankets for the night as the heater was making a lot of noise. I don´t think that the heating system in that room was working properly and I am surprised no-one fro the cleaning service noticed. My colleagues room seemed not be as cold.

Room Tip: No corner room during winter or be prepared to sleep in your sking suit ;-)
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were in town for some family medical issues at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Our only complaint about the room was that the bathroom didn't have much space for two people's toilettries. The staff was friendly and accomodating and the parking was worth the price with extremely easy in and out. The location is within a mile of NIH and WRNMMC and there are good restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family