“Great location and excellent value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Bethesda Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great location and excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Every year in September, I, along with 3 friends, attend the National Book Festival in Washington, DC. Though we usually stay in DC, this year we decided to stay in Bethesda. We were glad we did. Even though the subway ride into DC was a little long, the tradeoff was worth it. The hotel was close to a subway stop, lots of restaurants, stores, entertainment, etc. We were all very pleased with our accommodations. The Front Desk staff was great. Even though we arrived very early, our room was ready and they allowed us access. We were able to freshen up and unpack before heading back into DC. We stayed 3 nights and each day the staff gave us bottled water to take with us. They were always friendly and very helpful with information, directions and suggestions. The more-than-continental breakfast was excellent. There was a variety of food choices (cereal, yogurt, bagels, fresh fruit, pastries and more) which satisfied everyone in the group. The staff was quick to restock whenever an item was low. 2 additional people joined us for 2 nights and they were also pleased, especially about the free parking that was included in their package deal. We had taken the train, so parking wasn't an issue. In the past we've paid up to $35+ per night for parking in DC. Our room was fine - comfortable beds, nice linens, good size bathroom, plenty of room to move around, etc. Though the hotel is a little dated, it appears they have been making an effort to spruce it up. We all agree that we will be staying at Bethesda Court Hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BishopCR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The first room we were given had an odd smell. I was willing to ignore that, but when I got into bed, one of the pillows smelled like someone's dirty head. I thought I'd swap it out in the morning, but was disturbed about it. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the bed had not been cleaned behind the mattress and there was miscellaneous nastiness collecting there. The final straw was when the heating unit started rattling loudly, and cycling on & off. It was so hot in there, we just couldn't sleep, so asked for another room. The second room was clean but the heating unit looked like it had been kicked about some and there was pretty much no climate control. It was either hot or off. One other odd thing we noticed--two nights in a row it reeked of incense. Someone was definitely burning it in the hotel.
There are a few pluses: The lobby is comfortable. There is a driver who will take you within 2 miles of the hotel if you need a ride somewhere. There's a good pancake restaurant next door.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank 793Liz
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

bought a one night stay on living social with free water, breakfast and chocolates
very friendly, courteous,professional staff. my husband is in a wheelchair asked for 1st floor room. had to go outside down a narrow sidewalk along the beautiful courtyard. (had security cameras, but i felt uncomfortable/vulnerable) even though lighting was sufficient. Very little room in the room to maneuver a wheelchair. just getting into the room was difficult. Tv picture was lousy and snowy, selection very limited. curtains would not close, so had only the opaque white ones for privacy. Heater kept turning off every couple minutes and about every 11-17 seconds later would turn on, repeated all night long. shower was great. bed very comfortable. nice coffee maker. carpet needs updating and some stains on the wall. Went out that evening and came back to find handicap door locked. Staff promptly unlocked. Free chocolate was a handful of Andes mints. breakfast was most basic..muffins cereal bagels yogurt etc. muffins were good. Great check out time 2pm. had everything you would expect to find at a hotel...paper pen, cups, ice bucket, also had extras like a microwave, mini fridge and a safe in the room. don't recommend for wheelchair customers,,, limited handicap parking, room too small to access with wheelchair comfortably. parking normally $15. a night in their lot. I don't think that there was any other close, safe options. I am not a traveler, but have stayed at several hotels in my life. I would give this hotel a 6 out of ten. A five for the hotel in general and an extra point for the staff, fridge, microwave and safe.

Room Tip: courtyard rooms have a nice view of the courtyard
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank debby b
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

With a busy work schedule & kids, my husband & I sometimes need a quick get away. We periodically get a chance to get away but have to stay locally due to time constraints, thus the "Staycation" & THANKGOODNESS for the BETHESDA COURT HOTEL!!!! It is located a couple blocks from our neighborhood & within walking distance to great restaurants, retail shopping & bars. We are always greeted by VERY FRIENDLY staff, a WELL KEPT lobby & CLEAN rooms! Whether you are from the area or out of town I would HIGHLY recommend (AND HAVE) this AWESOME hotel!!!

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms that overlook the back garden or downtown Bethesda:)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Forest Hills, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The hotel is located a few blocks from the Bethesda metro station and is in walking distance of many good restaurants. The price is OK for the area. The hotel itself is a bit charmless, and my room, near Wisconsin Ave and the ice machine, was noisy. TV is analog only. The fitness room is small but the equipment is good. The continental breakfast is OK, but the dining area is extremely cramped. Luckily the Tastee Diner is around the corner. I would stay here again, but I wouldn't love it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Frimeur
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I received the most accommodating service I have ever experienced! I spoke with Brandon at least 5 times, making changes, etc. He was always patient and helpful All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean, the gym was clean with good machines, and the hotel is located close to the metro station, so transportation to DC was simple! The breakfasts were also very good and accommodated my food issues very well. I also thought the bed was very comfortable -I always have a tough time sleeping in a hotel but I slept well. Wifi is slow in the room - but free - fast in the lobby. I will definitely stay there again - great location and more to do!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Vicenza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am a US Army soldier who flew from Italy to seek cardiology treatment and cancer evaluation at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), Bethesda. Since I did not get lodging at the Navy Lodger, WRNMMC, I went from nearby hotel to hotel get a best rate. I have per diem rate of 226USD a night for lodging. That is say I could stay at military rate at any hotel and pay up to 226USD a night in around Bethesda, MD area. Mr. Brandon, Front Office Manager BCH, gave me a 'long stay' rate I could not believe my eyes. He gave me a more than 60 per cent discount of my per diem lodging rate. During my research for best rate, the next best hotel wanted twice the rate that Bethesda Court Hotel (BCH) charging me now. He saved a lot of money for the military/US Government..I stayed here for two months.

I would like to mention this especially too. At BCH, they provide a FREE continental breakfast. The best kept secret is banana, apple, yogurt, orange juice, cranberry juice, cereal, milk, tea etc are available, FREE of CHARGE 24/7, seven days a week!!! The other secret is 'FREE' Sedan Service is available up to two miles from the hotel. This hotel is centrally located/ so close to WRNMMC and the shopping and restaurant area, not forgetting Metro train within a couple of blocks

The hotel staff; from Front Desk to Janitorial staff are very courteous and helpful. I checked how responsive the 'Front Office' staff by asking for 'alarm call/wake up call'. I NEVER MISSED a hospital appointment because telephone wake up call did not ring!!!

In nutshell, if you want the best rates that may surprise you CALL MR. BRANDON!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Bethesda Marriott
Bethesda Marriott
#6 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 444 reviews

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!