“Loved staying at Bethesda Court” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Phoenix
“Loved staying at Bethesda Court”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The rooms were very clean. The staff and management were amazing! I stayed here for 8 weeks straight, two and three nights at a time. It was an wonderful experience. It was very comfortable. I will stay here every time I am in Bethesda. Thank you for making me feel very comfortable.

Room Tip: I stayed in several and the ones I stayed in were very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I bought a Living Social family deal to stay in this hotel. It included free parking, definite plus, continental breakfast - didn't have any food left so didn't bother and it was insanely crowded and water bottles - weird but came in handy since we were walking around the Smithsonium. The room was not ready by noon as I called ahead and requested but they took our bags behind the desk and had them waiting for us in the room when we came back from our journey.
The room was fine - I enjoyed the crown molding and lovely touches but they were lost on my husband and kids. The rest of the family was also unimpressed with the only 43 channels on the tv - my husband particularly dismayed there was no travel channel. I, for one, don't travel to watch the travel channel.
Metro was literally two blocks away and the dinner restaurant that was recommended to us by a LOVELY lady who seemed to have set up camp in the lobby was fantastic! VaPiano - check it out!! We have nothing like it in B-more.
Would I stay here again? Sure. Would my husband? He'd probably suggest other spots but for the $99 I paid on the deal, housing a family of four, it worked just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Bruno, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed at the Bethesda Court Hotel for four nights. The TV was on analog only, with the cable not working, so the channels came in as snow and lines. The man they sent to the room fiddled with the cables and then flipped through the channels trying to show me that a few came in better than others (with less snow). Really? He said he would check with the cable company and get back to me. He did not. I finally told them to take care of it the next day, as I needed to go to sleep. The guy at the desk did not even know what I was talking about. The next day it still did not work. The girl at the desk got snippy with me, insisting that they would send the same guy up as the night before to do the same thing. I declined. Finally a lady named Victoria came on the line. She was the only one who made an attempt to get the matter straightened out and that was on my third day, with the TV broken. She followed through and told me they could not do anything until Monday. I checked out on Monday morning. The staff was courteous, but could care less about fixing anything that was broken - Victoria being the only exception. Room service threw the top sheet over all of the wrinkled under bedding and sort of smoothed it out, with all of the bunched up bedding showing underneath. This was done this way every day. It was necessary for me to remake the entire bed each night before retiring. The bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable and I woke with a backache everyday. My final bill had no allowance on it for the broken TV during my entire stay. Nothing was offered, the staff just shrugged and said, Oh well. They could not care less. Their staff is very unprofessional, Victoria being the one exception. They dress in whatever they want and look very unprofessional. They do not get up when you go to the desk, but just sit while talking to you. This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I would not recommend it to anyone. This was for a wedding and we will never use them again. They have a free limo service which I used on the last day. The limo was filthy and I was the first one to use it that morning. I had reserved it, but she doubled me up with someone else. I did not mind, but think I should have been asked or at least alerted to the fact that I was sharing it. There was no excuse for the filth inside the limo.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I called 2 weeks prior to book a Sunday night...The agreed price was $110 with AAA discount...When I checked out they charged me $197...The manager finally agreed to charge me $139...I didn't have any proof (they didn't me send me any confirmation email) so I had to take it but I'm not happy about it...
And no swimming pool...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SWildC
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

When we arrived, the front desk staff gave us two bottles of water and chocolates; I guess that should have been an indication of the type of hotel it would be. Although we only stayed for one night, we were both surprised at the small size of the rooms and elevator. Only two people could fit comfortable in the elevator with luggage. The rooms were only slightly larger and very much outdated. The hotel amenities are quite old and the lighting is extremely dim. The walls are paper thin. The only redeeming quality is the hotel's proximity to the Bethesda metro station and the Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club. I would not recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sista314
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We visited the DC area during Thanksgiving week, and our stay at the Bethesda Court Hotel was excellent! We used a Groupon which gave us a great value! The staff was very pleasant, helpful, and attentive. The room was very spacious, clean and most of all comfortable! The courtyard is was a pleasant surprise as we are from Texas and it's too hot most of the time to enjoy a cool courtyard. Highly recommend this place! We will stay here again when we visit the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We planned a weekend of doing the sights in D.C., and as always I turned to TripAdvisor to find a place to stay. I was not disappointed. The hotel was two blocks from the Metro and two blocks from a great variety of restaurants, where we returned to eat each evening. Some reviews mentioned the hotel being dated...I didnt see that - our room was fine, maybe average but the furnishings were nice and everything was clean. There was a flat screen tv, frig, coffeemaker, and microwave. Since we basically just rested, slept and had breakfast the room was a good enough size for us - with a king bed. The breakfast was average, typical pastries, bagels, cereals, yogart, hardboiled eggs - and all the items seemed fresh. There was a nice garden patio where we could have eaten but it was actually a bit cool first thing in the morning. The breakfast room is tiny, but there are couches and comfy chairs in the lobby along with the garden area. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful (and generous with the little chocolate candies...thank you!!) We did have an issue - for some reason - each morning after breakfast our room keys wouldnt work - they initially had us staying for only one night, which kept causing the problem. But the staff was apologetic and resolved the problem easily. The only issue - and it wouldnt keep me from coming back -- the one side of our king bed sunk a lot -- (but that was my husband's side, so no problem for me!) and the air conditioner was a bit noisy. (Another issue -- and this is not just for this hotel, but a lot of others so I wish there was a general place to put this There needs to be access to electric outlets next to the bed...not hidden behind the bed, where you cant reach them or across the room, where your computer cord wont reach if you are relaxing in bed. ) We did get a great special rate for a 3-night stay of $99/night which I felt was really good for being in the DC area. And yes we did have to pay for parking - but that wasnt unexpected, again considering the area. I'm sure we will want to visit the DC sites again and I would definitely come back to the Besthesda Court Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
American Inn of Bethesda
American Inn of Bethesda
#8 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 256 reviews

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!