“Grate place to stay in Bethesda MD”

Bethesda Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have never been stayed at Bethesda Court Hotel me and my girlfriend was looking for an affordable hotel in Bethesda MD finally we decide and booked at Bethesda Court Hotel. We arrived at the hotel, starting from the day that we checked in until we checked out they treat us a VIP. The front desk people and the Manager are so humble and helpful. The rooms was very nice and clean. Generally we had a great experience and it is a Great place to stay in Bethesda MD. We will definitely come back to stay at this Hotel.

Thanks.

Tom and Lily

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very friendly staff, clean, quiet room and a nice continental breakfast in the morning. Front desk alwasy helpful. I stayed there Saturday night and they were very eager to please. Fast check in and immediately called for a cab when I needed one. Very helpful with identifying areas of interest.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or restaurant, many great restaurants within a few blocks.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Being a contract healthcare professional/provider, I frequently stayed at BHC from Oct 2012 - Feb 2013. First, guest services always went above and beyond to assist me whether it be with directions, restaurant suggestions, etc. Second, the rooms are nice and were always clean, parking adequate and good restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. Only downfall and not really a complaint, the morning breakfast area needs to be renovated-- it is a little too small with minimal seating. Again, this is constructive criticism vs being a negative comment. All in all, this hotel was an awesome place to stay, and I would stay there again. I hear its being demolished for a new upscale hotel-- that would be sad. If you are in Bethesda and need a place to stay, Bethesda Court should be first on the list. Adios!

Rick M.
Room 317 - Last stay was 2/4/2013 - 2/14/2013

Room Tip: Choose a room second or third floor overlooking the outside courtyard. These are larger rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Worldclasstraveler64
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have stayed here twice. I'm a patient at NIH and have to visit Bethesda every six months. So far, my first experience at The BHC was so pleasant, I decided to stay there again. The second time was even better than the first!
They have a hotel car that takes you OR picks you up from anywhere within a two mile radius. Wifi, Washer and dryer, neat and clean rooms WITH A KEURIG! But the best part is the friendly smiley helpful staff! LOVE THEM! Paula, Brandon, John, Sam, All of them.. SO wonderful! They will even make cab reservations if you need them. Very friendly social and helpful. I will NEVER STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!
Sandra and Dave... Best car drivers.. friendly and ready to go!
The dining room has breakfast.. the lobby has couches, chairs tables and computers, with a beautiful courtyard outback.. PERFECT location, close to shops and dining.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed on the third floor. Big bathrooms, King size bed!~ BEDS ARE SOOOOOO Comfy!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jaime C
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Initially our group was concerned because we were at the hotel by accident - having thought we made reservations at a different place. It turned out to be a very fortuitous mistake! The staff at the Bethesda Court helped us greatly even before we arrived. They gave us directions to the hotel by phone. The free wi-fi and breakfast were great perks! We greatly enjoyed our stay and in a group of 11 people not one said anything bad about it! The most outstanding point of the hotel was the friendliness of the staff at all hours of the day!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I have been staying here for almost four years and always look forward to returning. The hotel is ideally located (two blocks from the red line). It's an older property but the rooms are spacious, quiet and well-appointed. Nice little breakfast room with a good continental breakfast. In the spring, summer and fall we enjoy the lovely courtyard. The staff is outstanding and will do anything they can to make your stay enjoyable. There is a washer/dryer if you are on an extended stay. Walk to everything in Bethesda from this hotel. Great value for your money since Bethesda can be pricey.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karen M
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed here for a friend's wedding. I stay in Bethesda about once a month. I tried this hotel out because it was where she booked rooms, but I wouldn't book again. I stayed 5 days (maybe 6 days), I believe.

It was OK, but it looked more like the place had a facelift than a remodel. The bathtub was old, but the sink was new. I didn't feel clean in the tub. The rest of the room was fine. It was trying to be "luxurious" on a dime. It isn't a typical "Golden Tulip" Hotel. The paint on the new mirror was more of a white-wash and you could see the wood underneath in some spots. The wall-paper was peeling too. The painting on the closet area, door, etc. wasn't the best and wasn't stripped down and repainted. The room had its own heating and air, which was very loud. The decor and the bedding were very nice. The maids kept the room clean. I appreciated the fridge, microwave, and Keurig. But, you could tell that it was a cheap redecorating of an old motel. But, it was far from terrible. It was OK.

The hotel is in walking distance to downtown Bethesda, a Starbucks, and other restaurants.

I was finally able to use their car service on the last day, and that was the deciding factor that I wouldn't book there again. The Bethesda Metro had construction on its elevators. This was well-known and should be known to the hotel staff. It was on going for a few months. So, I asked to go to the other Metro (basically, turn left instead of right). The driver, who pretended to not speak English well, drove me to Bethesda - even though I had luggage and asked to go to the other (which is less than 2 miles). When she dropped me off - at the Hyatt! Not even taking the time to turn the corner and go to the Kiss and Ride (BTW, she would have passed it on the way back to the hotel) - she just points down and says "Metro down." To get "down" you have to walk down a large set of stairs - kind of hard to do with luggage from a week's stay and a wedding! Thankfully, since I usually stay at the Hyatt, I knew they had an elevator that went down one level. I still had to go on the metro - during rush hour - with my luggage on and the second or third longest escalator in the Metro system - a safety hazard to say the least. Thankfully, I am a Washingtonian, so I knew what to do. But a guest to our city or someone with a physical impairment wouldn't have. I do suffer from a chronic pain condition, so I am very conscious of such things - luckily, I felt fine that day and could manage. That driver killed the possibility of me recommending the hotel....and they never credited my points to my Golden Tulip Card (Flavours Loyalty Programme).

Taking someone to the wrong metro is inexcusable. Dropping someone off in the portico of another hotel is not appropriate. Telling that person "metro down" is not sufficient - especially when the stairs are a bit a way from where that person was dropped and there is an established location in the metro for dropping people off.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo