“Best Place to Stay in Bethesda” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Bethesda Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Idaho
“Best Place to Stay in Bethesda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I have been staying here for almost four years and always look forward to returning. The hotel is ideally located (two blocks from the red line). It's an older property but the rooms are spacious, quiet and well-appointed. Nice little breakfast room with a good continental breakfast. In the spring, summer and fall we enjoy the lovely courtyard. The staff is outstanding and will do anything they can to make your stay enjoyable. There is a washer/dryer if you are on an extended stay. Walk to everything in Bethesda from this hotel. Great value for your money since Bethesda can be pricey.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank karen M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed here for a friend's wedding. I stay in Bethesda about once a month. I tried this hotel out because it was where she booked rooms, but I wouldn't book again. I stayed 5 days (maybe 6 days), I believe.

It was OK, but it looked more like the place had a facelift than a remodel. The bathtub was old, but the sink was new. I didn't feel clean in the tub. The rest of the room was fine. It was trying to be "luxurious" on a dime. It isn't a typical "Golden Tulip" Hotel. The paint on the new mirror was more of a white-wash and you could see the wood underneath in some spots. The wall-paper was peeling too. The painting on the closet area, door, etc. wasn't the best and wasn't stripped down and repainted. The room had its own heating and air, which was very loud. The decor and the bedding were very nice. The maids kept the room clean. I appreciated the fridge, microwave, and Keurig. But, you could tell that it was a cheap redecorating of an old motel. But, it was far from terrible. It was OK.

The hotel is in walking distance to downtown Bethesda, a Starbucks, and other restaurants.

I was finally able to use their car service on the last day, and that was the deciding factor that I wouldn't book there again. The Bethesda Metro had construction on its elevators. This was well-known and should be known to the hotel staff. It was on going for a few months. So, I asked to go to the other Metro (basically, turn left instead of right). The driver, who pretended to not speak English well, drove me to Bethesda - even though I had luggage and asked to go to the other (which is less than 2 miles). When she dropped me off - at the Hyatt! Not even taking the time to turn the corner and go to the Kiss and Ride (BTW, she would have passed it on the way back to the hotel) - she just points down and says "Metro down." To get "down" you have to walk down a large set of stairs - kind of hard to do with luggage from a week's stay and a wedding! Thankfully, since I usually stay at the Hyatt, I knew they had an elevator that went down one level. I still had to go on the metro - during rush hour - with my luggage on and the second or third longest escalator in the Metro system - a safety hazard to say the least. Thankfully, I am a Washingtonian, so I knew what to do. But a guest to our city or someone with a physical impairment wouldn't have. I do suffer from a chronic pain condition, so I am very conscious of such things - luckily, I felt fine that day and could manage. That driver killed the possibility of me recommending the hotel....and they never credited my points to my Golden Tulip Card (Flavours Loyalty Programme).

Taking someone to the wrong metro is inexcusable. Dropping someone off in the portico of another hotel is not appropriate. Telling that person "metro down" is not sufficient - especially when the stairs are a bit a way from where that person was dropped and there is an established location in the metro for dropping people off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank AmericanGirl1975
Laurel, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at this fine establishment for four days. The rooms are nicely appointed, the staff is nothing short of outstanding! hey will accomodate your every need! This is one of the best hotel experiences I've had!

Room Tip: 1st floor courtyard rooms are great!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank James W
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are a little small as is the bath but the staff is extremely helpful and friendly and the place is immaculate. The breakfast area is tiny though adequate and at about half the price of most of the big hotels it's well worth a try.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently stayed here using a living social deal a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love it! It's in a great location from the metro as well as many restaurants. It was totally worth the money I paid for it. I spent $99 for the voucher which included free parking which is normally $15 (I agree that's a little steep for an open lot with a broken gate, but It was free for me so I am not complaining). I arrived way before checkin time, but the young lady at the front desk was so pleasant and allowed me to check in early..gave me lots of information, and even gave me extra water and chocolates! (Unlimited free bottled water and free chocolate.. You CAN'T beat that). Originally. Our keys didn't work and we had to get them redone, and the same young lady at the front stopped what she was doing, and then walked us upstairs with extra sets of keys so we wouldn't have to come all the way back down just in case the new set did not work (apparently they have this key issue often, I would look into replacing some equipment If that is the case). But anyway, that's great customer service. Down side: there was only 2 towels in the room, up side: the young lady noticed we had 4 in our group and informed us that housekeeping didn't get a chance to set the room for 4 people since we were early. She noticed before I even had to ask! That's great service to me. Quick, friendly, efficient, and aware!! The room was a decent size. Not too small, and it overlooked a lovely courtyard.
Another thing I loved seeing was the young lady addressing guests by name. I mentioned to her she must have been doing this for a long time to remember names like that.. She informed me she only has worked there for a couple of months. WOW.
Did I mention the brand new Chrystler 300 free hotel sedan that shuttled us to dinner... Nice touch!
The breakfast options were very nice, the room it is served in was however very small. But since it was nice out, we sat in the courtyard area and enjoyed out complimentary breakfast.
I honestly never heard of this site until the young lady informed me about it, had I read the reviews here I would have been a little weary about actually staying here, so I'm glad I have only recently discovered it. I overall had a wonderful experience and hope they run another deal soon, it was a nice getaway from the kids. Way to go Bethesda Court!! I am going to recommend to all my friends to stay there when they come to DC!

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Staff professional ...Great breakfast options....Rooms clean..can't go wrong for the $$$$$. Sad part is in 2013 They're demolishing the hotel as the owner is bringing in a Westin ....I luv them tooooo so out with the old and in with the new in 2013.....lets hope the staff has a home while the construction is ongoing .

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
American Inn of Bethesda
#8 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 272 reviews
Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!