“Convenient to NIH”

Bethesda Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights while attending workshop at NIH. Close to Bethesda Metro so easy access to NIH. Clean rooms, comfy beds, friendly staff. Nicer inside than out. Breakfast was adequate but not great.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dragon45459

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Recently stayed here for a one-night work trip as opposed to the hotel we normally stay at (partially based on reviews found here). It was okay, though I wouldn't want to stay here for much longer than a night.

My room on the second floor was fine. It was clean and spacious enough, though I did find the shower curtain "door" to the closet a little odd... The lighting was really dim and there was a shortage of outlets. The bathroom was okay but the shower was the second tiniest I've ever been in in my life (second to an old B & B in England)--and I am not a large person! It was generally quiet save for the traffic outside.

Free breakfast was included which was nice, although the breakfast room was slightly cramped.

I'll give them props for the free wi-fi--always nice.

The location is great if you need to be right in Bethesda as I did. Very convenient and an easy cab ride to/from DCA.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel many times. I forgot my purse when I was at the computer a few weeks ago and we drove out of town. Upon reaching our house I remembered that I had left the purse hanging over the chair in the lobby of the hotel. I called immediately and was told that the staff had found it and kept it safely until we were able to pick it up the following day. We were very impressed to have found it intact.

Additionally we have found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and very conveniently located to all restaurants, shops and the metro. This is the only hotel in Bethesda that provides free limousine service within a several mile radius of the hotel. We enjoy the courtyard for breakfast or reading when the weather is good. We are treated like part of an extended family and find other hotels very impersonal in contrast. Highly recommend it if you come to this area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have stayed here every 21 days for the past year. The service is great. I love the front desk staff.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Jesstoews
Reviewed April 11, 2012

this is the best hotel in the area. Brandon and staff treat guests like family It is a clean well kept hotel the is a great bargain and is centrally located to the Metro for easy travel to see the Nation's Capital. We choose to stay here during all of our travels to the area which is every 3 weeks.. Would not even considered staying anywhere else.. this is home away from home...

Room Tip: have stayed in many rooms all are great...we travel for chemo every three weeks for the last year...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a gem and a steal for the price! Its right next to the Bethesda Metro making it easy to access to anything you may need! The rooms are warm and inviting, I have been coming into Bethesda for the past 3 years and never stay anywhere but here! The staff is great and treat you like family! If your looking for a close place to stay for Walter reed or NIH they shuttle you back and forth for free which is a great asset! I will keep coming back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank cutiecilla
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Recently stayed for three nights at Bethesda Court Hotel, and wished I could have stayed longer. Notable pluses here: 1) front desk is helpful: when I couldn't print my airline boarding pass, they immediately responded; when I needed a hotel limo ride they made it happen; 2) it is a very friendly, human place: maids are friendly and conversational, and in the breakfast room it was easy to hear three or four different languages spoken among guests and staff; 3 )the garden courtyard is an absolute gem: in the heart ot traffic-ridden Bethesda, this is an oasis of calm for breakfast or relaxing with a good book; 4) my room was wonderful: totally clean and comfortable, and with amenities that matter: excellent coffee-maker (Keurig), a microwave and refrigerator; 5) location: quick walk to the DC Metro subway, to a Safeway supermarket, a CVS drugsstore, and nearly two-dozen great ethnic eateries, all within five to ten minutes on foot. Summary: this place has it all, and for a rate which seems notably less than the supersized chain hotels in Bethesda.

Room Tip: yes, ask for a room overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business