“Great Authentic Ristorante”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have eaten here numerous times and ith gives us a bit of a feeling as though we were back in Naples or rome at a little out of the way place. The basic entrees and Pizza age good and it is great for families of all sizes and ages. We also enjoy their takeout Pizza.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Everything I have had there is terrific but the white pizza makes me go back several times a month.....awesome!! We have neighborhood ladies dinners there for 30 + and they all ask for white pizza.
Great food, very casual, nothing fancy but excellent food

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is a very good Italian resteraunte with a nice venue in downtown Bethesda. Great place for families and a good wine selection.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

No one goes to the Pines for the ambience, unless eating in a noisy, busy place is your idea of a good time. No, the locals go to the Pines for the comfort food -- simple Italian that's the same for decades. The place is crawling with families and neighbors. You can always run into folks you know if you live nearby. You can count on well-prepared pasta, veal dishes, and antipasto (made with iceberg lettuce). Nothing fancy, for sure, but definitely dependable and popular.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

When my grandmother was alive, we visited DC from California often, and we would go to Pines multiple times every trip. After her death, we stopped visiting, but we flew out for a cousin's wedding in May. With all of the festivities, we had only one meal free. Without even considering anything else, we went to Pines. It's just that good. The white pizza alone is worth the 3,000 mile flight. I always get the veal parmesan as my entree, but I have never heard a bad word about any item. It's a very accommodating of large groups, and the service is always up to snuff. I don't think I will ever visit DC again without a trip to the Pines and neither should you.