“Quaint Area - Fine Dining”
Review of Newton's Table - CLOSED

Newton's Table
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Woodmont and Arlington
Transit: We are two blocks from the Bethesda Metro Station, on the Red Line.
Description: Newton's Table, a new restaurant by Chef Dennis Friedman, is the latest addition to downtown Bethesda featuring contemporary American cuisine. Renovations are almost finished and opening is slated for early April.
United States
“Quaint Area - Fine Dining”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I picked this restaurant because I needed something nice for a business dinner. There was nobody else dining there on a Monday night and all the other restaurants were packed, so I was perplexed and worried about this. However, there was no need to worry. The experience was just fine. It was a beautiful night, so we dined outside. The service was good and the food was great. I enjoyed the scallops meal. The scallops almost tasted like candy, they were fantastic. The portions are very small, so do an appetizer as well if you are really hungry.

This is in a quaint, trendy area in Bethesda. I would come early in the summer and have some drinks outside at some of the other restaurants to enjoy the scene before dining here.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Cregan8256

cleveland, oh
“More promise than product”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Was informed that this was a unique and fine restaurant, but found limited choices beyond a wide variety of noodle dishes and several Asian specialties. Noodle dishes were spicy, despite advice that they weren't. The small plate of tuna was very good, especially the mustard sauce.

Not for anyone seeking food outside Asian specialties. Must be a 'noodle lover' to get most out of restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank dkfcleveland
Bethesda, Maryland
“Fine local restaurant”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Six of us wanted a quiet table for chatting and good food, and we found it at Newton's Table. Heretofore, I had usually had their unique Fuzu pasta dish with a tasty mixture of seafood and veggies, but this time several of us tried their fish... an entire Mediterranean fish, simply prepared with oil and spices. It was just about the tastiest fish dish I had had in many a year. It was perfectly cooked but imperfectly filleted. We were warned that their might be "a few pin bones," but there were lots and lots in my serving. Otherwise, the service was fine and we could talk easily.Desserts were delicious, including their unique "pig brittle ('peanut' brittle with pecans and proscuitto)." All six of us were pleased with ur meal and eager to return.

• Visited March 2014
Colts Neck, New Jersey
“Decent but Pricey”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I enjoyed my dinner but, my two guests were not quite as pleased. They felt their food was just mediocre and the steak special my friend ordered was $44. And, if you’re a bread lover, forget it. It’s not served here.

My meal, the Coco-Surry Fuzu was excellent and only $27, one of the least expensive dinners on the menu. If you plan on an appetizer, ask if they have calamari (it’s not always on the menu). It is outstanding – the best I have ever had! Finally, the dessert – you are paying for the presentation, not the taste. They are ok, but not worth the high price. Overall, a decent meal, but for the price, there are better options in Bethesda.

• Visited March 2014
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Great Food In a Mellow Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The restaurant serves great and varies food with gracious but unpretentious service. Unlike many places, not designed to feed egos but to feed appetite for good and creative food,

• Visited November 2013