“Upscale Inventive Eating”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Woodmont and Arlington
Transit: We are two blocks from the Bethesda Metro Station, on the Red Line.
Description: Newton's Table, a new restaurant by Chef Dennis Friedman, is the latest addition to downtown Bethesda featuring contemporary American cuisine. Renovations are almost finished and opening is slated for early April.
Freehold, New Jersey
“Upscale Inventive Eating”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

With out a doubt, Bethesda turned out to be a restaurant heaven for us. I must thank the person who recommended we stay in Bethesda while visiting D.C.! This is another great restaurant we went to on our last day in the D.C. area. Service was friendly and professional. The room was formal and not too large. It was pricey, probably one of the more expensive restaurants we have ever eaten at, but you DO get your money's worth. Each dish is presented with such care and panache. It is obvious that the owners and chef really care about food quality, preparation and presentation. We started with beef carpaccio and kobe wontons. I enjoyed the carpaccio, but loved the kobe wontons. They were so juicy and flavorable. Next we had the crab cakes (all meat, except for the seasoning), and a special -- skate. The skate was a treat, as I don't see it on menus too often. The skate came with a cream sauce, subtly flavored with ground peanuts, and spinach sauteed with sliced wild mushrooms. For dessert we had the tropical trio - banana cheese cake, mango ice cream, pineapple caramelized on top, and rum infused butter cake. We also had a plum tart with raspberry sauce and corn ice cream! That was different, but, again, the ice cream was subtly flavored and just right. So original without being obnoxious. Again, another perfect, and final, dinner in Bethesda. Though the portions were not large, we felt completely satiated. We needed no more. If you are looking for a special meal, and don't mind splurging, this is the restaurant for you.

Visited September 2012

Highland, Maryland
“Excelent Little Restaurant”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very good food with beautiful presentation. Cocktails are great. Kobe wonton, nori tuna and gougeres are great appetizers. Lobster, fried chicken, sea bass are very good. Fuzu is salty and veal little over cooked.

• Visited August 2012
Maryland
“superb experience”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We came here with another couple for an anniversary celebration, and were well rewarded. Excellent food/service/atmosphere. I had what they called fuzu, which was an oriental rice noodle dish which I enjoyed immensely. I will say that in the tradition of gourmet restaurants serving sizes weren't that large (fortunately for me, fuzu was a happy exception) and the price tag was $75 per person without much alcohol included (I am including tip). So special occasions only.

• Visited August 2012
“Not worth even trying their food. Bethesda has much better options for resturants.”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had their signature dish "bison ribeye". I would never try it again or recommend it to any one else. The resturant was half empty when other places such as Mon Ami Gabbi was packed with 1 hour waiting list. No wonder the locals don't come to Newton's Table. It is a tourist trap. Completely over rated.

2 Thank Sreih
Maryland
“Get Yourself A Seat at Newton's Table”
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to dine during Restaurant Week. I noticed that this restaurant had lots of great reviews so I suggested we try it out. So glad I made the suggestion! From the minute we walked in the door until the moment we left, the service was impeccable. The General Manager Robert even took the time to come to our table a few times to check on us and also explain other items on the menu which we hadn't ordered, but were in his opinion, great dining options.

The food was sinfully scrumptious and the desert was delightfully delicious. We will definitely be returning and plan to become regular customers.

Newton's Table is fit for foodies!!